Unable to download new maps from TomTom Home?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Edition
Has anyone else been having problems purchasing the new 7.10 maps via TomTom Home 2.2? I tried a few times the end of this week and I get all the way to the point where I submit credit card info and click submit. It comes back saying it was unable to process the transaction.

My CC company has no record of a charge or even an attempt to charge. Any ideas?

The website product map page is down so I can't down from there either. :confused:

-S

Has anyone else been having problems purchasing the new 7.10 maps via TomTom Home 2.2? I tried a few times the end of this week and I get all the way to the point where I submit credit card info and click submit. It comes back saying it was unable to process the transaction.

My CC company has no record of a charge or even an attempt to charge. Any ideas?

The website product map page is down so I can't down from there either. :confused:

-S

First of all, where are you? US? Canada? If in either, goto TomTom's website and select UK as the country and give a false UK address if asked (some other poster used the US Consulate's address :eek: ) and see whether the processing continues. If it shows the price in British pounds, not to worry. You're CC company will convert.

I realize you said the website product page is down. If you mean US or Canada, it is ALWAYS down. The UK site is active.

Anyway, give it a shot.

First of all, where are you? US? Canada? If in either, goto TomTom's website and select UK as the country and give a false UK address if asked (some other poster used the US Consulate's address :eek: ) and see whether the processing continues. If it shows the price in British pounds, not to worry. You're CC company will convert.

I realize you said the website product page is down. If you mean US or Canada, it is ALWAYS down. The UK site is active.

Anyway, give it a shot.

I went to the UK website, used an account with the London US Embasy as my addresses and it was processed just fine. I am currently downloading the 7.10 maps right now! Thanks for the suggestion! :D

I wonder why the US TomTom site has so many problems? I know they are a European company, but I am sure they have a huge install base here in the US.

-S

I went to the UK website, used an account with the London US Embasy as my addresses and it was processed just fine. I am currently downloading the 7.10 maps right now! Thanks for the suggestion! :D

I wonder why the US TomTom site has so many problems? I know they are a European company, but I am sure they have a huge install base here in the US.

-S

Actually, they have a growing base in the US Embassy in UK!!! :p

Ask a Question