Email notice of new map but unable to download it

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomTom Model(s)
One (New Edition 7.162)
I have a TomTom One New Edition and I have the quarterly map updates and I just got a notice that I have a new map, but when I check for updates there is nothing and I am still getting the notice to buy the map updates.

I received the notice on the 30th of May. My TomTom software is version 7.903 and my map is USA_and_Canada v803.2323. I am using home 2.6.2.1586 on WinXP SP3.

I have a TomTom One New Edition and I have the quarterly map updates and I just got a notice that I have a new map, but when I check for updates there is nothing and I am still getting the notice to buy the map updates.

I received the notice on the 30th of May. My TomTom software is version 7.903 and my map is USA_and_Canada v803.2323. I am using home 2.6.2.1586 on WinXP SP3.
I'm not clear about a model called "New Edition" (ONE 1st, 2nd and 3rd 'edition' models I know), but no matter -- those units all support version 8.30 of the US/Canada map, so indeed you do not have the current version. However, based upon what you noted above, it appears that your firmware is up to date, so it should accept this new map version without complaint once we can get it headed your way.

Did you JUST purchase the quarterly map subscription, and is it from that that TomTom is attempting to get your map updated? This should happen immediately upon subscription purchase since you started out with an older map.

When you purchase the quarterly map updates, your price is based upon the possibility of having to upgrade your current map FIRST, and may be at an additional charge above and beyond the update service. Did that occur? I'm not sure how they're pricing the service if you are starting with your specific map level.

In any case, TomTom should be attempting to bring your current map up to date before offering updates. Most seem to have done OK with this, but it doesn't always work automatically as it should. At times, it has been necessary to talk to TT tech support to have them "push" a map for you. Also, Home can be a problem for some people in their attempts to download new maps, especially over slower connections or those that tend to disconnect after a time.

If you weren't on an old map, I'd have told you not to worry over the email. My unit IS current and they still sent me the notice -- to download a map I've had for weeks!

The TomTom One NewEdition is what my Home identifies my device as.

When I purchased the updates I first had to purchase a new map, this was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I downloaded the new map, installed it and restored my setting file with my home and favorites.

I have a very fast connection and no known problems with disconnects. I will try giving tomtom support a call. I'm getting ready to go on vacation for three weeks and I'd like to have my tomtom up to date before I leave.

The TomTom One NewEdition is what my Home identifies my device as.

When I purchased the updates I first had to purchase a new map, this was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I downloaded the new map, installed it and restored my setting file with my home and favorites.

I have a very fast connection and no known problems with disconnects. I will try giving tomtom support a call. I'm getting ready to go on vacation for three weeks and I'd like to have my tomtom up to date before I leave.
I would definitely make a quick call to tech support, then. If you have any of the units that I think you have, the map you have still wasn't current (even before the email notification). Perhaps another of the ONE owners can pipe up here with their recent map upgrade experiences and shed some light on this. I'm not a ONE owner, so my own knowledge is limited to what TomTom is claiming as current.

Did you try for the map using Update My Computer?

In any event, TT Support's number is 866-486-6866.

You said you have map 803. That isn't a valid tomtom map number. Check again, most likely (since you purchase 1.5 weeks ago), you already have map 830.

If you have map 830.2323, then you already have the latest map for your device.

It is a known bug that HOME keeps telling you newer maps are available, even after purchasing a subscription and even after upgrading to the latest map.

Just ignore the warning like the rest of us do.

You said you have map 803. That isn't a valid tomtom map number. Check again, most likely (since you purchase 1.5 weeks ago), you already have map 830.
Sorry, calculexia got the best of me. I looked really close at the numbers and should have known I made a mistake when they were so close.

If you have map 830.2323, then you already have the latest map for your device.
That is the one I have. Thanks guys and sorry for crying wolf. Terrific help everyone has been here.

It is a known bug that HOME keeps telling you newer maps are available, even after purchasing a subscription and even after upgrading to the latest map.
I knew there was a problem with HOME, but since this was from TomTom and nothing to do with home I hoped it wasn't a mistake.

Again, thanks everyone. This can get locked away now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question