unable to change to night color

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One v3
To change to the night color, first tap on the screen, then tap on change preferences, then tap on us night colors. I did that, and the screen did change to night color for a second, then back to day light color. Is there something that I need to do first? Please help. Thanks.

no... it comes with that function brand new. It works fine for me until just yesterday nite I try to change it to night time color, then that's when the trouble starts...

no... it comes with that function brand new. It works fine for me until just yesterday nite I try to change it to night time color, then that's when the trouble starts...

Perhaps you choose the same theme for day and night colours.

Try changing map colours by going to Prefrences>Change map colors>choose a day color scheme...hit select>choose a night colour scheme...hit select.

Then try changing the day/night colours.

yes, I did that. I even change the day light color and night time color differently; and its still flicker to night color for a sec and then back to day light color...

ok, I resetted two times, and it still act the same... I try switching the colour mode in TT Home, and it works... oh well, I guess I have to live with it. Thank you very much for your help. :)

yay, I found out how to fix the problem. I need to do a soft reset, and its working perfectly. Before, I did a hard reset (using paper clip) and it didn't work.. so I guess soft reset is more powerful then a hard reset.

Thanks for the help again. ;)

Mine also did the same thing. The problem was that when I had it connected to the computer the docking options come up and if you tell the TT1 to link day and night colors to the headlights it will not let you go to night colors. I had to reconnect to the computer and turn off that option. Basically you did the same thing by doing the soft reset and reseting to factory defaults.

yay, I found out how to fix the problem. I need to do a soft reset, and its working perfectly. Before, I did a hard reset (using paper clip) and it didn't work.. so I guess soft reset is more powerful then a hard reset.

Thanks for the help again. ;)

Mine also did the same thing. The problem was that when I had it connected to the computer the docking options come up and if you tell the TT1 to link day and night colors to the headlights it will not let you go to night colors. I had to reconnect to the computer and turn off that option. Basically you did the same thing by doing the soft reset and reseting to factory defaults.

Just so you guys don't get confused:

Soft Reset: Using a paper clip or thin needle to push the reset button. This is considered a soft reset as your favourites, itineraries, or recent destinations are not deleted.

Hard Reset: Going through Preferences>Reset factory defaults. This is considered hard reset because your favourites, itineraries, or recent destinations are deleted.

Ask a Question