Ultimate Noob Question - How to change the time?

Now I feel stupid, I have been a computer technician since 1986 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the time on my 920 that I just got today... :confused:

I have searched the support, the online manual, forums and Google but can't find how to do it. Who wants to put me out of my misery? :p

Thanks in advance!

Well, looks like Murphy's Law just kicked in, I got it figured out...

As Homer Simpson would say "doohhhh!" :eek:

Hey neilvan...
My family and many at work have called me a geek since about 1980, which there was some truth to that, however at the pace that technology is changing and increasing in quantity... I feel like a newbie all the time...

OK on your time, I cannot figure how to change it, however recently I had to reset my system (a user ignorance issue), anyway I saw during that cycle I had a place to change the time, however when I turned on the unit, it asked me if I wanted to sync the clock... Maybe someone with vast knowledge on here will enlighten us.

I have a 920

Hey neilvan...
My family and many at work have called me a geek since about 1980, which there was some truth to that, however at the pace that technology is changing and increasing in quantity... I feel like a newbie all the time...

OK on your time, I cannot figure how to change it, however recently I had to reset my system (a user ignorance issue), anyway I saw during that cycle I had a place to change the time, however when I turned on the unit, it asked me if I wanted to sync the clock... Maybe someone with vast knowledge on here will enlighten us.

I have a 920

Preferences>Change Time (page 7 or 8 of the screens)

Hey neilvan...

I have a 920

In Change Prefs, as long as you enable all menu items, you will cycle thru 6 or 7 pages and get to "Change system clock". There you set 12 hr or 24 hr display and then either manually change time, or if you have a GPS lock, you can sync to the GPS time. Sometimes this is off by 1hr for me, so I normally adjust the time manually. I think this last issue is due to the poor GPS lock and the fact that the Euro map defaults to LONDON.

For zero effort, Your Time get reset to current time once you Connect to your Tom Tom Home for update

Ask a Question