noobi question on coordinance

can anyone tell me if the xl 350 is capable of finding a location by gps coordinance instead of address, as in locating wooded property? if so, can anyone explain it to me? thanks all
rc

can anyone tell me if the xl 350 is capable of finding a location by gps coordinance instead of address, as in locating wooded property? if so, can anyone explain it to me? thanks all
rc
No, I'm sorry to report that it is NOT able to do this. Odd for a GPS, eh? All of the following models use the "EasyMenu" system, and therefore, NONE of them will provide that feature, even with the available hacks that will bring more of the menu features back:

Ease (Start2 in Europe), XL335SE, XL335LE, XL335LM, XL350, XL350T, XL350M, XL350TM, (XL IQRoutes2 in Europe), XXL550, XXL550T, XXL550M and XXL550TM, GO2405, GO2505.

Any of the other TomTom models will be able to navigate to a latitude/longitude pair, and can do it in three different coordinate formats. If your unit is a recent purchase, and you're in need of this feature, I'd recommend you try to swap for an XL340 or other model that don't use the EasyMenu user interface.

I use my 740 all the time to take me to locations that aren't even particularly near a road. When specifying coordinates in the "Navigate to", it seems perfectly happy to navigate to the closest point on a nearby road, and point an arrow either left or right to tell me where it's time to start hiking!

Last edited:
thanks for the reply
you explained it for me quite well. would have been a nice feature to have. thanks again for responding.
rc

Ask a Question