TT720 Won't show speed limits

Even with the "show speed limit next to speed" box checked off the speed limits don't show up. Am i missing something?

dave

You need to have maps v800 or later for speed limits.

Also, tomtom has very few speed limits on their maps, even the latest 825 version. Instead tomtom routes with IQroutes (time of day speeds, only visible as driven speeds when running route demos).

If you have map 825 and want to make sure the speed limit display is working, do a route demo in Manhattan. Most streets there have speed limits.

As MVL says there are a lot of streets that the speed limit is not shown. I've added them on a lot of roads around me. There's a couple of major US hwy's here and they don't have them. The interstates do though. It's kind of a pain adding them because of the changes in speed limit around every town.

Navteq maps show nearly every road's speed limit, but don't have anything similar to IQRoutes data (yet?). TeleAtlas maps don't offer much for speed limits. Pick your poison.;)

Ask a Question