TT720 with Bell Mobility

TomTom Model(s)
Hi,

Since there is no support for the Bell phones standard I thought I would tell you how it can be done. I am using a Motorola Q which is not supported in anyway.

1) Search for the phone on TT720 and make sure phone it set to bluetooth discoverable.

2) Once it finds the phone then enter in the pairing code when prompted.

3) It will say that handsfree is now setup and what features are available (please not bell allows everything your phone will allow, Telus and others might limit data access)

4) Say yes to setup TomTom Plus services through a wireless data connection. (please note you must have a data plan with your provider otherwise the costs are huge!!!)

5) For phone model select other if not listed.

6) For Country select other even though Canada is listed.

7) Do you want to setup your wireless data connection manually? Yes!!

8) Access Point Name put in bell (doesn't really matter). And <OK>

9) Username (leave blank) and hit <OK>

10) Password (leave blank) and hit <OK>

11) Do you want to obtain your IP address automatically? Automatic!

12) Do you want to obtain your DNS server address auotmatically? Automatic!

12) Dial for Bell Mobility #777 and <OK>

13) Login Script (leave blank) and hit <OK>

You are now done. I will tell you that it doesn't work 100% of the time but to get free traffic (less data cost) right now makes it worthwhile. Traffic works in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver for now. If you trial doesn't work as mine didn't then just call tech support and they will hook you up. You can also get weather and I love the buddy feature where you can send messages to buddies or better yet find out where they are (scary but can be blocked).

Not sure how much data it uses for traffic but I think it is minimal and gets data from several sources (not just the MTO).

Let me know if you have any other tips.

Nathan...

sorry i know this thread is old.

I did what was written and this is what i got

Phone says: data call ended

TT says: Unable to set up your wireless data connection, do you want to change your settings?

When I paired them the TT said: the following features are found: HF calling, wireless data connection, Phone book, tone keyboard (DTMF)

I have a Nokia 6275i phone through Bell Mobility. The hands free calling works fine, none of the Plus services do. All i really want is the Text Msg to come up on my TT.

Did I do something wrong?
thanks

Fitz

Ask a Question