TT1 Speaker crackle

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE
So I've got John Clese on my TT1 (very cool), but I noticed that when I turn the volume up, the sound gets very crackly/rattly. It's not the voice itself, since when I turn the volume down, it's fine, but does anyone else get a rattling/crackling sound from the speaker when it's turned up?

Thanks!

I have not noticed this on mine. I will turn it up next time I drive and report back!

It hapened on mine ONLY with John installed high volume. I think it was a bad file. the rest I have no problems with high volume.

Yeah, it seems anything over about 65%, John's voice causes it to crackle. I had the unit in my pocket, and am wondering if maybe some crumb or something got between the speaker and the grille and is rattling around in there, but while I'm quite mechanically/electrically adept, there's something about opening up a 1 month old device (that whole warranty thing).

:(

I haven't noticed any crackling on my ONE. I didn't use John's voice, though, so maybe it is specific to him.

Ask a Question