TT1 and SDHC cards?

Hi

I recently bought a Corsair 4GB SD(HC) card that I wanted to put all my maps on. Only problem is, the TT1 won't recognise it. I have tried a variety of work-arounds (reformat card; copy everything through Explorer; card swap and restore with TT Home etc) and fixes but to no avail.

Does anyone know if the TT1 will accept these higher capacity cards (I am using an SDHC reader/writer)? I also tried a Transcend 4GB with marginally more success (it would recognise the card and even boot occasionally but eventually the maps would corrupt and I would be back to square-one).

I have been trying for more than a week to raise an answer from TomTom through its official customer support but my questions were met with total silence. No response. Nada.

Many thanks in advance.

Nate

I transfer the original 1G to a 2G 166x Rockfish then to a 4G Transcend 150x. It worked all the time (I have a 510).
I connected my TomTom to one USB port, the new card into a card reader, then drag the whole content of TomTom to the new card (don't reformat). That's it.

Thanks, I will try that.

It would be good to build a list of SDHC cards that are known to work, and their make numbers.

Nate

Thanks for the tip but it didn't work. The TT1 still continues to spit the card.

And TomTom "support" still hasn't responded to my query.

Can anyone suggest a list of 4GB SDHC cards that absolutely works, no doubt?

Or suggest what can be done with a Corsair 4GB?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi natecochrane,

AFAIK SDHC cards will not work correctly. The card memory allocation specification is different to SD cards and is not used correctly by the TT. I don't think you can do anything about this. You will have to use a 4G SD card instead.

Maybe the 4GB Transcend 150x in Australia is different because I had this card and it definitely did not work. It kept corrupting the maps. It was a genuine Transcend, also.

Ask a Question