TT Update

TomTom Model(s)
930T and XXL
I was impressed to see that TT added power off functionality back to my 910. By making it an option at least those of us who had no problem with the unanticipated power down can restore this feature. And the new "Help Me" icon could certainly be of great importance in an emergency. Placing a link to the music/media icon on the map page seems to work great for me too. Since these suggestions have been posted on the forum here several times maybe someone is listening.:D :cool: :rolleyes:

Today I took my 910 into some of the rural regions in this area. I was interested in the "Help Me" function. Locally in the city it worked great but in less populated areas it could be dangerous if one relied on its location information. I found in one area that it showed the correct road and cross roads but listed present location as a town that was twenty miles away and on the opposite side of two other small towns. In one region it listed me in a town that was not even in the same county.
I was sitting in the parking lot of a local sheriff's department yet the help me information indicated the closest law enforcement was in the next town. I know these problems are much like those we see with all categories of POI's but this does hold a bit more urgency that the local Dunkin Doughnuts.
This is a great feature and has certainly some very significant information that could be of great help but we should all be aware of its limitation.

Last edited:

Ask a Question