TT One LE or 3rd Edition?

From what I can gather an LE is a 2nd edition with bluetooth and SD card slot, but what does the 3rd edition offer that the LE will not and vice versa (e.g. MapShare)

Thanks.

Both units offer Mapshare as the maps on both are capable of using that function.

I think the big thing here is the SD slot in the LE. Being able to have expandable memory is important as you can install larger maps like the NA maps.

I believe the 3rd Edition is capable of using the RDS-TMC antenna, however people are discovering using a blue tooth phone gives more of an accurate display of traffic.

LE: Larger maps as noted above, or out-of-area maps. My ONE V2 did great with an SD card map of Europe a couple of months ago. A V3 couldn't have done that.

If you want an LE you had better strike quickly, as they are in fact simply leftover V2s, updated with latest software. Once they're gone, they're gone. Best Buy appears to be the only supplier of these, and they sold out on-line very quickly. Whether there are any left in the stores is very much dependent on the individual stores.

Bought it online at BB, just have to go pick it up at the store.

Here is a link to another thread about LE vs 3rd Ed

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4780

Many opinions on both sides on which is better.

One perspective is that the LE's at BB are being "dumped" by TT who had 2ndEd parts leftover.

The other perspective is that the LE was more expensive to make, and the 3rd Ed. is the lesser model (less POI's, no SD slot or BT).

I'm not so sure they are V2's. Per the FCC database and internal photos the LE's are using Hammerhead GPS chips. Did the V2's only come with Sirf chips?

Dave

Ask a Question