TT ONE firmware 6.56 released

Ok, after (another) complete backup of my ONE, I installed this upgrade, too. It went just fine even though my ONE has North America maps on it. It installed, flashed the firmware, then I had to connect again to HOME for it to download and install the quickfix data. Whew! :)

ehh.. it tells me I have not enough space on my TT. I thought it overrides the current app? It seems to want to install itself as a separate app. I have 6.3MB free and it tells me to free another 1.9MB.

Edit: n/m, I had to delete MobilNova before installing the app. Odd that in addition to the 0.2MB used, I lost 0.4MB to something else too. Is that the GPS Quickfix data?

Last edited:
Updated my TT1 just now. I deleted the old app, then installed the new one. Disconnected the TT1, it rebooted and wouldn't find satellites. Very weak signals. Reconnected, re-launched TT Home, and it checked and found another update. Ran that, disconnected, TT1 restarted and WOW. Found the satellites instantaneously. Definite improvement over before.

Interesting, I downloaded HOME v1.5 from my Mac this morning. The app is universal for Intel Macs now, too. Nice!

Yeah, the quickGPSfix seems to be working well. Turned on my TT1 for the first time in a couple of days to check the quickfix after the update and it found it within a min. Not bad considering before hand, it took nearly 4 mins or more if I didn't turn it on for a couple of days.

I opened HOME (and I think I had to have my device attached to get it to work...) and went to file->prefs->check for updates, and it found it.

Hope this helps!

installing 6.560 on tomtom one

hey,

i just recieved my tomtom one yesterday and so far like it alot :)

until now. i just tried to upgrade the software to 5.650 from 5.601 which came with my device. after i flash everything and device reboots everything looks good until about 30 seconds, then device restarts. this happens every 30 seconds. i noticed that with 5.601 on my device i had 5 megs free space of RAM but with 6.650 i have .3megs left. i think this is causing the problem. anybody had this happen to them? i just spoke to tomtom support and guy advised me to restore back and go back to 5.601. i kind of want to have newest software on my device and trying to figure out a solution. any help is greately appriciated.

thanks

Alex

5.6??

eh.. I think you got the numbers mixed up.

I got mine in Nov and it was 6.5 then I upgraded to 6.52 then now it's 6.56 with quickGPSfix.

I didnt have any problems what so ever updating my TT1 6.56 i believe i am at now # might be wrong but i know i have the firmware i just followed the instructions.

Thanks everybody. Yes i was wrong with the version. its 6.560 that i'm trying to install and my unit came with 6.501. I have tried the paper clip reset. after i do it, it boots up and then starts to cycle again. can somebody with 6.560 tell me how much free RAM you have left. mine is around 0.5 megabytes, which i think is a cause of the problem.

Thanks

Alex

I tried updateing with the new cd and get the screen please wait. Cleaned the unit out completely and reinstalled and unit still hangs. any body out there having the same problem and any fixes? I have a tomtom one

Kalex - I have a 2g card in my ONE so I can't test this out for you. Hopefully someone else will be able to, but I suspect you are right about what the problem is.

Mel - Are you talking about updating to the new maps or updating to the newest firmware version? Just so you'll know, the version that comes on the upgrade DVD is not the newest 6.56 firmware version. But you may have to install the DVD firmware first, then do an upgrade via HOME. Let me know what applies and I'll try to help you.

Ask a Question