TT ONE firmware 6.56 released

I'm also using a 2gb card. low memory has to do with amount of RAM not amount of SD card space. thats where the problem is i think.

How much free RAM do you have on your device?

Alex

Gotcha. I have:

29MB RAM (free: 0.3MB)

I have been having no problems at all with my unit. I'm running 6.560 with North America maps 665.1293 on my ONE.

there goes my theory :) you have same amount of free RAM as me, same software and same maps. weird.

Alex

I can tell you that when I initially tried to move my data to the 2g card, I had all sorts of problems, all of which ended in a unit freeze. What I did to resolve it was delete everything from the card, put the card in the ONE, attach to computer via usb. Launched HOME, went to file, change device, so that it recognized my ONE. Then I had to install the app that came on the new map update DVD, along with the new maps and voices. After doing that, it worked like a champ.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: I just connected my ONE to my laptop (which I don't have the HOME upgrade on, it's still 1.3). Didn't do anything but poke around, and when I disconnected and looked at my unit, it now says I have 0.1mb of RAM left. Wonder what happened to my 0.3mb? I calculated a route just to be sure it's still working properly, and so far it is.

Last edited:
Ok, nevermind. I think I went from 0.3 to 0.1 because I enabled a "warn when near POI". I went back and disabled it, along with unchecking a few custom POI and now have 0.6mb available.

Good to know. :)

there goes my theory :) you have same amount of free RAM as me, same software and same maps. weird.

Alex
I have a 1GB card in my ONE
running:
Event_Logger
Suntime
Mediacenter installed
Tripmaster installed
USA-Canada maps.

32MB RAM Free.

My ONE runs like a champ

I have tried downloading the upgrade first, I have erased everything from my tomtom and all the files in my computor, reinstalled it three different times and used the reset button to no avail. Unit will come on for about 30 seconds and then goes to wait messeage and hangs there. Only way I can get it to shut off is too use the reset key.

Last edited:
remove your SD card completely from the device, power up. Does it tell you to insert a card? I think your SD card format might be corrupt.

This happened to me when I was trying to put the NA maps onto a new 2g card. What I had to do is completely erase the 2g card. Put the new map DVD in your computer, and INSTALL THE APP from the DVD (even though it's not the newest app.) Then you can install the maps and voices. But my problem was keeping the app on the device while trying to upgrade maps. For some reason, it froze my TT every time. Have you done it this way?

battom,

It doesn't sound right that you have all of that running and still have 32mb free of 32mb. When I connect through HOME and view my info, it says 32mb free... but when I disconnect and fire it up on its own, that's when I get the accurate numbers, which today was 0.1mb free.

Busted... I forgot that is one thing I can't check thru HOME. Offline it says 27MB RAM free :) I rock...

Wow. You do rock. How do you accomplish this? Mine varies between 0.6 and 0.3 free....

mine.s 0.0 to 0.4MB

On HOME, it'll show differently. We first discovered that when battom posted pics of his ONE's "Version" screen.

Basic map ONLY and NOTHING else running, took suntime and other stuff out. Sorry that number isn't an acurate number for my "normal config". Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up...

I'll reconfigure my ONE to the normal setup I usually have and let you know later next week.

Home 1.5.024

Looks like they pulled TT HOME v 1.5.024. I have it on my laptop when I updated it last week but the latest from the TT website still has 3.3.308

I have not been so lucky with my upgrade, I got this upgrade while I was trying to install the new 2006 maps.

Read about my problems here:
http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8732&view=getnewpost

Long story short, I've got the new maps, the new app, lost all my favorites, and my ONE can no longer connect to my PC using USB.

Anybody know how to fix the ONE to so it connects agan?
Anybody know how to restore my favorites from a backup?

I have tried downloading the upgrade first, I have erased everything from my tomtom and all the files in my computor, reinstalled it three different times and used the reset button to no avail. Unit will come on for about 30 seconds and then goes to wait messeage and hangs there. Only way I can get it to shut off is too use the reset key.

I had exactly the same problem while trying to update to the 2006 maps, described in more details here:
http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8732&view=getnewpost

Anyway, this got me going again; I took the SD card out of the ONE, mounted in a SD card reader, used the HOME app to delete the ONE application from the SD card, used the HOME app and I deleted all downloaded content from my PC, then I did an update, and I got the ONE application (not the ONE GO RIDER application) downloaded, installed it on the SD card, put the SD card back in the ONE, this time when the white wait screen showed it actually flashed the firmware, rebooted, then the ONE was working.

Only problem now is that I cannot connect the ONE using USB, and my favorites are gone.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
This happened to me when I was trying to put the NA maps onto a new 2g card. What I had to do is completely erase the 2g card. Put the new map DVD in your computer, and INSTALL THE APP from the DVD (even though it's not the newest app.) Then you can install the maps and voices. But my problem was keeping the app on the device while trying to upgrade maps. For some reason, it froze my TT every time. Have you done it this way?

I had a similar problem; installing the 2006 maps to the device via USB kept on failing with the ONE disconnecting. I then installed the maps directly to the SD card and that worked.

Ask a Question