TT GO not recognized by Home

TomTom Model(s)
TT GO & ONE 130
I Have a TT GO that is not recognized by Home. My Vista and xp computers both see it. I even installed the original software from CD and that won't recognize it either. It used to but won't anymore. The GO is an older model without any number. I think I am missing a file on the GO. Any thoughts or help out there?

I also have a ONE 130 that is recognized. No problems with Home.

Try a pin reset. If that doesn't help, tap the satellite bars to see the version number of the firmware installed. Now, tap the version number. That'll take you to the next screen which shows the map installed. At the top of the screen, you should see the model of the unit.

You can log into TomTom's site and dl the latest firmware for your model as well as the latest version of Home, if you don't have that.

Finally, it is very difficult to have 2 devices associated with 1 account (email address) with TomTom. So, you might want to log into TT and register the Go with a 2nd email address. See if Home then recognizes the unit when you start it up.

The model is TT GO. It is the original GO without any numbers. I had this GO before I got the ONE 130. The GO is the one that was registered at TT. I had Home installed before I got the ONE. The version of the GO is 5.201. I think there is a newer version out but didn't want to change because it is working fine. I had problems when I upgraded to this version so I don't want to change as long as everything is working. But if I can't connect to home I don't think I can upgrade. Home is the latest version. When I get some time to play with this I will try the pin reset. What does that do?

A pin reset is like a cold reboot of the unit (a true on and off cycle). The 'power' button on the unit is really like a hibernate or sleep mode on the computer; in other words, the unit is still on.

Ask a Question