can't connect to tomtom home but tomtom is connected via usb an is recognized by comp

i just installed tomtom home to update the tomtom software. first i connected the tomtom with usb and the computer recognized it as a new mass storage. but the tomtom home software (newest version) doesn't recognize the tomtom - i can't do anything with it :-(.

any suggestions?

edit: there isn't a "Do you want to connect to Computer?" question at connecting the tomtom.

i just installed tomtom home to update the tomtom software. first i connected the tomtom with usb and the computer recognized it as a new mass storage. but the tomtom home software (newest version) doesn't recognize the tomtom - i can't do anything with it :-(.

any suggestions?

edit: there isn't a "Do you want to connect to Computer?" question at connecting the tomtom.

Try this page at TomTom for a possible solution:
http://www.tomtom.com/support/category.php?ID=1&Language=1&query=usb+1&FID=7375

Have you tried re-installing home? If that doesn't sort it try finding a copy of the prevoius version. There is a link to previous versions here somwhere.

Boardboy

thx, installing an old version of tom tom home worked. it could be downloaded at the same site where to find the new version. it's the right side link for navigator 6 and rider.

Ask a Question