TT GO 720 Back-up (Help Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Good afternoon fellow TomTom'ers. I hope someone may lend me a hand...

I recently purchased a new TomTom and made a horrible mistake. I accidentally deleted all the files on the unit and never made a back-up. :eek:

I am hoping that a forum user here might have a complete, out-of-the-box back-up they could kindly forward to me. :)

I've contacted TomTom support (based in Watertown, NY) and they directed me to use HOME to update the unit. I updated the unit and it worked with no maps. I contacted TomTom support again, and they were able to reactivate a map download for me (after sending my proof of purchase). The unit now works, however, I am missing lots of files (splash screen, voices, programmable sounds, pictures), options (I cannot find the option for voice-input), and My Computer no longer displays specific information about my unit (it simply says INTERNAL when connected). :rolleyes:

I believe I have exhausted all my resources before making this plea to the community. :cool:

I simply want to return the unit to its full, out-of-the-box (as of 12/03/2008) self. I do not believe I can do this without having a complete back-up.

If someone is willing to help me, please send me a private message. I will then PM or e-mail you (whichever you prefer) with my full e-mail address. I will be forever grateful to anyone who can assist me with this. :eek:

I replied in detail when you posted a similar message yesterday. Locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question