Adding European maps to 720 - Help needed!

TomTom Model(s)
TOMTOM 720
Guys,

I am trying to insert European maps on my TOMTOM 720 SD Card, however I can't seem to get it right....

Can you please give me some hints or best practices to do so?

I may be missing a very stupid step...

Using TOMTOM sw on a MAC

Downloaded maps online from work, transfered them to the MAC via USB flash. Software is Western_Europe_705.1480

Please advise,

Thanks

Flavio Zanetti
Boston, MA

If I read correctly, the OP was trying to copy the dl file to the sd card rather than let Home install (as you recommend). Simply copying won't work.

I am trying to install it from HOME on my MAC..

Problem is that HOME doesn't see the new maps which I got...

Is there a specific location to put them?

I read somewhere they had to be under /downloads/maps/ but I tried everywhere and it doesn't 'see' them...

Any hints guys?

I really need this guy to be able to handle Europe maps, once I am going there in 2 weeks...

Any help is appreciated!

Flavio Zanetti
Boston, MA

Are you saying the option 'Items on My Computer' isn't showing the European map listed?

On my pc, the location is here: C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\map\NorthAmerica and contains the large .zip file and smaller files.

Perhaps use Finder and navigate to a similar location on your Mac to see if there is a Western_Europe folder with the map contents therein.

If not found there, can you use Mac's search function to find a folder called whatever the correct name of the European map is. If you find the folder, perhaps try copying the folder and all contents to the map folder in the path I listed. Hopefully, you'll then find Home will show 2 maps listed in the computer; if so, click on the European to install on a sd card.

Are you saying the option 'Items on My Computer' isn't showing the European map listed?

On my pc, the location is here: C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\map\NorthAmerica and contains the large .zip file and smaller files.

Perhaps use Finder and navigate to a similar location on your Mac to see if there is a Western_Europe folder with the map contents therein.

If not found there, can you use Mac's search function to find a folder called whatever the correct name of the European map is. If you find the folder, perhaps try copying the folder and all contents to the map folder in the path I listed. Hopefully, you'll then find Home will show 2 maps listed in the computer; if so, click on the European to install on a sd card.

Thanks for your help Tom..

I will try that later on at home...

Flavio Zanetti
Boston, MA

I have the Western European maps installed on a 4G SD card and I use a Mac. I simply copied them from the download location specified Under "preferences: folder preferences: /Users/mdinovi/Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads. If you need a hand with finding them on your mac, let me know. My email is (e-mail address removed)

Mike

Ask a Question