Adding European maps to iPAQ 5910

I'm planning to purchase the HP iPAQ 5910 unit (NAV6 software and maps of USA and Canada are included in the unit in onboard ROM).

In the summer I'm planning to take this unit to Europe and use it there.

Has anybody any idea if it will be possible to install European maps on my unit ?? If so (probably in ROM or on SD card) then what is the best procedure to do that ??

PedroNR2 said:
"You have to purchase the maps via TomTom.com"

Yes, I will do that ... but your answer does NOT answer my original question whether it will be posiible or not to install European maps on my iPAQ 5910. And if so once I have these maps how to do that !!

Of course! the maps you purchase come in a SD card. You insert the card in your IPaq and your software should recognize it. This goes the same with all TomTom units.

Hey, PEDRO2NR

I too am new and have a Rx5910. Is there a way to run all of my maps just from the SD card? Even the ones that came with the ipaq? It has TT Nav 6 running on it. I have some comp knowledge, but am kinda weak on pocket pc's. (wishing to be better, though)
Thanks

Im not to familar with Navigator, but on the PNDs if your SD card or Flash drive can hold the maps, then yes.

On the preference menu screen, there is option to manage maps, then select switch maps.

I had both USA+Canada and West+Central EU maps as well as the application, UK+NL Postcodes, voices, schemes, etc all on a 2GB SD card and still had some space for some files, photos, and mp3s.

Ask a Question