TT 720 Don't boot up.

If you have only 800+ megs left on the card then you must have more than the application and map folder for 830.

Be that as it may, the 840 installation should overwrite the 830 map so you'll still have extra room

Ok, I'll delete the old map and loose file from Internal drive that shold have more space for the new map on SD card .
But I want to make sure . as mvl said delete " LOOSE " file from internal drive
that mean delete everything execpt folder ?
I can make the make the image to show you if you can give me your email plelase ? , just want to make sure I delete the right one
As I saw the loose file in internal drive here including :

InstallTomTomHOME.exe , tomtom.ico ,UserPatch.dat, mctx.dat , CurrentMap.dat , settings.dat , splashw.bmp ,
lowbatteryw.bmp , antitheftw.bmp , CurrentLocation.dat.
These file are outside the foler , do I need to delete them too ?

Removing stuff from internal has NO effect on how much space is on the sdhc card.

See my screenshot on page 1 of this thread reflecting what 'loose' files are. They do indeed match the list you provided. Do not delete any folders from internal.

To be clear, do not delete the loose files from internal UNTIL you are sure the application is also placed on the sdhc card if you want to boot from the sdhc card.

Removing stuff from internal has NO effect on how much space is on the sdhc card.

See my screenshot on page 1 of this thread reflecting what 'loose' files are. They do indeed match the list you provided. Do not delete any folders from internal.

To be clear, do not delete the loose files from internal UNTIL you are sure the application is also placed on the sdhc card if you want to boot from the sdhc card.

Yes, I'm sure the app is placed on the SD card because I copy everything from internal Drive and paste to SD by using windows explorror .

I just want to make sure all these file can be delete or not , because the're not in the folder :

InstallTomTomHOME.exe , tomtom.ico ,UserPatch.dat, mctx.dat , CurrentMap.dat , settings.dat , splashw.bmp ,
lowbatteryw.bmp , antitheftw.bmp , CurrentLocation.dat.

Last edited:
those files should also be on the external so no need to keep a duplicate on the internal. home no longer installs maps to external so back up and delete everything from the internal then install the map. then move the map to the external with explorer.

those files should also be on the external so no need to keep a duplicate on the internal. home no longer installs maps to external so back up and delete everything from the internal then install the map. then move the map to the external with explorer.

OK

Both of you made me getting confuse about how to install the new map . LOL

* One said . install on to internal Drive and move to SD card
* One said : delete the old map from internal drive and install new map on to SD card .

Last edited:
You do NOT want the map on both internal and the sdhc card. Yes, the latest map is 840.

I suggest you delete the map folder from INTERNAL.

As in my previous post, select the sdhc card when you first log into Home. Purchase the map and install in ON THE CARD. Then make an Explorer backup of the CARD's map folder.

If you want to boot from the card, then as mvl said, it just requires the application on the card. There will be plenty of room for both the application and the 840 map on a 4-gig card.

Sorry, dhn
I need to know , you said install new map on THE CARD . Then make make Explorer backup of the card map folder . Do i need to delete the old me first or just install to replace the old one in SD card ?

TomTom should overwrite the old map on the card with the new 840 map onto the card.

Then, make an Explorer backup of the NEW map folder to your computer to 'protect' it, so to speak.

OK

Both of you made me getting confuse about how to install the new map . LOL

* One said . install on to internal Drive and move to SD card
* One said : delete the old map from internal drive and install new map on to SD card .

Either way should work fine. Ideally you should install direct to the card like dhn said.

Lately, however, HOME hasn't been listening to user selections and installs to the internal regardless of what you ask it to do. Try to install to the card, if HOME installs to the internal against your wishes, use explorer to move it to the card after HOME installs it.

Ask a Question