Trouble with POI's

Hi, I have a Tomtom GO710, I recently installed some "Keyfuels" and "Total Garaged" POI's , they both have the Gif and OV2 extensions but for some reason they wont show on my maps etc, they wont even show on the list for POI's, does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how it can be cured as I do alot of driving in the UK and these especially the Keyfuels one come in handy.

Regard

Mark

The custom files must have an extension of .ov2, so for example, keyfuels.ov2

The associated graphic file must be a .bmp, not a .gif and be EXACTLY named the same as the .ov2 file.

keyfuels.bmp is correct, Keyfuels.bmp is not. Further, both must reside in the specific map folder you are using.

Cheers for the reply, I forgot to mention that the file names for both are named exactly the same, and I should have put the image was a Bmp not a Gif. :cool: but they are still not showing up. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Mark, How many ov2 files have you got in the Western_Europe map folder as there is a limit which will depend upon the version of software installed to the device, I think the latest 710 software will accept 100 custom POI categories but above that number the device will decide which categories to make available to you - Mike

Last edited:
Mark, How many ov2 files have you got in the Western_Europe map folder as there is a limit which will depend upon the version of software installed to the device, I think the latest 710 software will accept 100 custom POI categories but above that number the device will decide which categories to make available to you - Mike

It is v7.903 I have took off all 700 POI's and only got the Keyfuel/Total garages on now and they are working fine, So a BIG thankyou to yourself for putting me in the right direction and also to "dhn" for telling me about the correct names as one was a different name to the OV2 file.

Mark, I am not too sure where you have been getting POI files from but one option is to use PGPSW by clicking Here and there is an option to combine subcategories in to a single POI file, using this method lets you have all the different petrol stations in a single Custom POI file and the station name identifies which fuel it serves up - Mike

Mark, I am not too sure where you have been getting POI files from but one option is to use PGPSW by clicking Here and there is an option to combine subcategories in to a single POI file, using this method lets you have all the different petrol stations in a single Custom POI file and the station name identifies which fuel it serves up - Mike

Cheers for the extra input, would I also be beneficial to pay the ?19.99 for the speed cameras etc or pay the same amount to Tomtoms web site??

I'll answer for Mike. The PGPSW speed camera subscription is MUCH SUPERIOR to anything TT would offer.

Pocketworld's db of cameras are current, accurate and more come with more features.

If I were in the UK, I'd jump on them in a heatbeat.

I'll answer for Mike. The PGPSW speed camera subscription is MUCH SUPERIOR to anything TT would offer.

Pocketworld's db of cameras are current, accurate and more come with more features.

If I were in the UK, I'd jump on them in a heatbeat.

Cheers for that!! Nearly spent ?20 on Tomtoms cameras, looks like ill be spending it on the other site.;)

Ask a Question