Tripmaster v2b11 works with V8 navcore !!!

Tripmaster & Software Integration

It seems like Tripmaster v2.1 and the TT can be used for offroad navigation since it's capable of recording or tracking along the way.

Now, now do I use that information? Supposedly there is a file or files in GPX or POI format that get generated in the process. So, what can I do with that? Apparently there is software that can read those files and do something with them.

So basically, here are my two main questions:

1. What software exists that can read and make use of the tracking data that results from using Tripmaster?

2. How do I use that software to use create waypoints or POI's or "Favorites" to navigate from one point to the next? Would use Tripmaster for that as well.

Sorry if I seem so persistent on this. As mentioned before, I'm very new to this GPS stuff. At the same time, I'd like to get the most out of my TT 3rd.

Tripmaster ONE XL problem

I have the same problem as woosh does with the one XL.

Have you copied on the root of your Tomtom all three directories of the ZIP file, keeping the directory structure ? YES
Have you got a /sdkregistry directory on your Tomtom root ? YES
If so, is there a file name tripmaster.cap ? YES
Have you got a personalized menu, with a /sdkregistry/tomtom.mnu file ? NO

I had v1.8a running until v8 broke it.
What am I missing?
Thanks for any help.

IWhat am I missing?
Have you got a /skin directory in the ZIP file and on your Tomtom after installation ?
If yes, what does it contain ?
If not, this is the problem.

Can you send me an email at roussillat (at) gmail.com, so that I send you a debug version to understand what's happening ?

Tripmaster ONE XL problem

Have you got a /skin directory in the ZIP file and on your Tomtom after installation ? YES
Arial.ttf
Arialbd.ttf
BigFont.txt
ButtonFont.txt
checkoff.bmp
checkon.bmp
ControlFont.txt
Dixon.ttf
radiooff.bmp
radioon.bmp
sliderhor.bmp
sliderver.bmp
tomtom.bmp

If not, this is the problem.
Email is sent, thanks.

Have you copied on the root of your Tomtom all three directories of the ZIP file, keeping the directory structure ?
YES
Have you got a /sdkregistry directory on your Tomtom root ?
YES
If so, is there a file name tripmaster.cap ?
YES
Have you got a personalized menu, with a /sdkregistry/tomtom.mnu file ?
NO
Have you got a /skin directory in the ZIP file and on your Tomtom after installation ?
YES
Arial.ttf
Arialbd.ttf
BigFont.txt
ButtonFont.txt
checkoff.bmp
checkon.bmp
ControlFont.txt
Dixon.ttf
radiooff.bmp
radioon.bmp
sliderhor.bmp
sliderver.bmp
tomtom.bmp

Tripmaster--final question for the moment

[Moderator, please give this a few minutes before merging with the rest of Tripmaster threads. Thanks.]

On Tripmaster, above the digital speedometer reading on the right of the screen is a short vertical line from where an arrow occasionally pops out at different lengths from the left or the right. What is this?

I apologize if this information is already referenced on the Tripmaster site or anywhere else.

I had not used tripmaster for a while (since it had problems with the newer apps and knocked the "Help" icon off the screen). But just download and unzipped in root directory and all is well.

This is fresh install (no old tripmaster files on the unit) on a 920 with 8.302 and 825 map.

Think it is time for a donation - suggest other users consider doing this if they have not done so already - it took(takes) a lot of work to do all this.

I just purchased a 720, and can't seem to get Tripmaster 2.2 working either. The files unzipped to the proper directory ok, and the folders & files are there (exactly per info in this thread), yet it still doesn't show up in the Main Menu (only 3 pages). I've reinstalled it, and still no dice

I'd appreciate some ideas - I'd LOVE to get this going! (running 8.302 firmware, 825.1257 maps, and no custom menus).

Thanks!

Tripmaster 2.2

I've downloaded Tripmaster 2.2 (only one available). Followed instructions on installing.
Open the .ZIP file
There is 3 files SDKREGISTRY - SKIN - & TRIPMASTER

Unzipped the files in my TT GO730 root directory

Remove TT from craddle and reboot.
Nothing. I cannot see the Tripmaster Logo.

I have a GO730 with Nav. V. 8.302

Can someone help? Thank you.

Sounds like mb and YiA have the same problem :(
Give me some time to try this v2.2 on my unit, GO920 and get back to you guys if v2.2 does work on mine or not. If it doesn't, then suggest using v2.0, same as what I have now.

I don't get it...I deleted everything per the Tripmaster page, and then reinstalled it - twice - using two different un-zipping programs. Still no luck. :( , and very strange

It is strange.
A lot of people who own 720/730 with the same firmware as yours, does say it works properly on their units, I don't know why yours not.

Well, I don't know how I did it, but I GOT TRIPMASTER WORKING WITH MY 720 W/ 8.302 AND THE 825 MAP!!! Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what fixed it, and caused it to start working - all I can do is describe what I did prior to it starting to work.

I installed PoiEdit this morning and was playing around trying to get the hang of it. I loaded my mapsettings.cfg file into PoiEdit, deleted some of my Favorites, and then saved it back into my 720 as _My_Favorites.ov2 file. Nothing special there. After I properly disconnected from my computer, I went outside to get a GPS signal and play around to see how My Favorites looked in the new POI file.

When I got a signal, I clicked through the Main Menu, and suddenly there was a fourth screen with the Tripmaster icon!! It loaded right up when I clicked on it, and seems to be working fine after I changed some of the Setup options; a real drive test will be today! :D

I realize the PoiEdit has nothing to do with Tripmaster, but I can say with certainty that it wasn't working earlier this morning prior to connecting to my computer. Who knows...I'm glad its working, but I really wish I knew the answer so I could provide useful information to others who are struggling with it as well.

Anyway, Thanks to all who helped - this is a great forum, and I'm appreciative for all the info on here!

Ask a Question