Tripmaster v2b11 works with V8 navcore !!!

I have same problem as a few others here. I have a One XL with same spec as others here...

I'm trying to get Tripmaster to Tomtom ONEXL but i cant...

I downloaded latest release and extracted it to directly tomtom root.
I remove hardware, reboot... but I cant find tripmaster icon anywhere

software 8.010 (9369/080529) OS:190943
Boot:5.3026

it all seems to come down to the lack of a tomtom.mnu file. its not in your 2.5 archive and doesn't get created.

Ok, I have had several tries at this and now have got farther than ever. I originally put the files into the root directory on the internal memory. Didn't work. I then unzipped the files into the root directory on the SD card. The icon is now there and the program launches. It seem to be working, however the screen blinks between the map screen and Tripmaster.

I seem to remember reading something somewhere about editing a file to stop this, but I can't seem to find anything now. Anyone know a fix for this?

J

I downloaded version 2.5 and the helper plugin as directed. When I opened Tripmaster in Winzip, the files are all at the root level of the zip. There are no folders such as SDKRegistry. The Installation instructions say to extract the files into their same folders on the TomTom. Something doesn't seem right about this. Any help would be appreciated.

I downloaded version 2.5 and the helper plugin as directed. When I opened Tripmaster in Winzip, the files are all at the root level of the zip. There are no folders such as SDKRegistry. The Installation instructions say to extract the files into their same folders on the TomTom. Something doesn't seem right about this. Any help would be appreciated.

The folder (sdkregistry) is on (or will be added) to your TT (either internal or SD if you have one)...extract the files and then copy them to the TT. If you already have the sdkregistry folder there (because you have installed other third party apps)...then open the sdkregistry folder (from the extraction) and move the contents to the same folder on the TT.

Statman - I must not have explained myself well enough. There are NO folders in the extraction that I can see. It appears that all files in the extraction are at the root level. The Tripmaster instructions show an opened zip with folders in it. Does the zip carry information that will automatically put files into the appropriate folder on the TomTom?

something must be going wrong with your winzip. every version of tripmaster that I've seen has three folders inside the zip file. sdkregistry; skin; and the tripmaster folder itself.

are you sure you haven't dug to deeply in winzip and are actually looking inside the tripmaster folder within the zip file?

something must be going wrong with your winzip. every version of tripmaster that I've seen has three folders inside the zip file. sdkregistry; skin; and the tripmaster folder itself.

are you sure you haven't dug to deeply in winzip and are actually looking inside the tripmaster folder within the zip file?

Thanks for the reply.
All I did was download 2.5 and double click on the zip file. If I mouse over the zip file it indicates there are 44 files and folders in it. In fact, there are no folders. I deleted it and downloaded it again and got the same result. If anyone can tell me which files go in which folders on the TomTom I can move them manually.

I just downloaded tripmaster again to check. there are three folders inside the zip file as always.

I've never liked winzip and don't use it so can't help you navigate through that program. But the program is clearly doing something wrong there.

download this file manager

Total Commander - Download

it's shareware and can look inside zip files and move the contents to your tomtom. it's a two pane file manager so navigate to the downloaded tripmaster_v2.5.zip file in the left panel, click on the tripmaster zip and you will see three folders. navigate to your tomtom in the right pane and just drag the three folders onto the tomtom.

I just downloaded tripmaster again to check. there are three folders inside the zip file as always.

I've never liked winzip and don't use it so can't help you navigate through that program. But the program is clearly doing something wrong there.

download this file manager

Total Commander - Download

it's shareware and can look inside zip files and move the contents to your tomtom. it's a two pane file manager so navigate to the downloaded tripmaster_v2.5.zip file in the left panel, click on the tripmaster zip and you will see three folders. navigate to your tomtom in the right pane and just drag the three folders onto the tomtom.

Thanks, Flyer. I used Total Commander and got Tripmaster and the plug in installed and working.

Ask a Question