Tripmaster v2b11 works with V8 navcore !!!

With a very limited test on my 920 with 8.302 everything seams to be working fine! I wouldn't upgrade to the new Navcore until I learned that Tripmaster would work. Thanks for getting it going, great program!

Now maybe Offroad too???

Andy

Tested on One 3rd Edition/Nav 8.016 and it is working as did the previous Beta.

I am however noticing some performance issues.The speed display update lags behind,sometimes by as much as a few seconds and the trip timer is not smooth.While watching the seconds go by I notice the timer hesitate slightly and then speed up briefly to correct itself every so often.

Now I am more apt to blame my unit for the performance issue as it is the "bargain basement" TomTom and probably doesn't have quite the CPU power the upper models have.Maybe others can take note of how the app performs on their units.

Anyways,glad to see it is still under devlopement...can't wait till we can get support for the graphics back in.

I am however noticing some performance issues.The speed display update lags behind,sometimes by as much as a few seconds and the trip timer is not smooth.While watching the seconds go by I notice the timer hesitate slightly and then speed up briefly to correct itself every so often.
Anyways,glad to see it is still under devlopement...can't wait till we can get support for the graphics back in.
Not very surprizing that there's performance issues on low-end devices, because this version, which gets ride of the SDK, draws all the screen by itself and it is very time consuming.
For the graphics background, I'm not sure I will reintroduce it, for the same reason...

Good morning...I am running Map 825 with app. 8.302 and I cannot get Tripmaster 1.8a to load....the beta loads ok, but not until I get 1.8a on and make the config. changes...i quess...will beta 2 work..any suggestions...should I downgrade to a lower application to get 1.8a on first? TIA

Wow, that's great that you were able to still update the TripMaster software, even without the SDK!

I have a TomTom 930T with navigation software version 8.302.

I downloaded TripMaster from the webpage, and unzipped it. I copied the folders directly into the root directory of the TomTom drive letter, when it was connected to the computer, without using TomTom HOME at all (it wasn't even open at the time).

On the TomTom's main menu, now I have a "TripMaster v2.0" icon.

Unfortunately, when I tap that icon, the screen just goes black for about 2 seconds. Then, it immediately flips back to the TomTom's main navigation screen. TripMaster doesn't seem to be coming up at all.

It doesn't crash the TomTom or cause it to reboot, which is good.

However, after the 2 seconds of black screen, then it returns back to the normal TomTom interface. The TripMaster screen never appears.

I am still looking forward to getting a working altitude readout on the TomTom. Any suggestions?

Thanks for making the program!

Krellan....I am suffering from the same problem, although I originally tried loading the 1.8a first as per the written instructions..never could I get the 1.8a icon to appear on page 4. I went ahead and dl the beta version knowing full well that it probably wouldn't, which it knowingly does not....and I am stumped because I too think that this would be a great program to have and to play with. I guess that there is some piece of software that just is not loading...but I am scratching my head.....probably something right under my nose. S

I have a TomTom 930T with navigation software version 8.302.
Unfortunately, when I tap that icon, the screen just goes black for about 2 seconds. Then, it immediately flips back to the TomTom's main navigation screen. TripMaster doesn't seem to be coming up at all.!
You're the second one telling me about GO930. Unfortunately, I havent' got one to test. I have got several Tomtom as a betatester (Rider, Rider2, One v1, One V2, GO 910, GO 720, GO 740) ,but not this one.
Can you contact me by email at : roussillat (at) gmail.com so that I send you a debug version, to understand what's happening on GO 930 ?

Hello,

One directory was missing in the tripmaster_v2.0.zip files. If you had installed a previous version of Tripmaster on your Tomtom, it works. If it's the first time you install Tripmaster, it doesn't work because the fonts files are missing.

Download tripmaster_v2.0.zip file again and re-install it, it should fix your problem.

Works great on a 740 Go Live unit. Would it be possible for you to the add the ability to reset the average speed readout when you reset the trip. There are a lot of average speed cameras where I live and the ability to reset the average speed readout would be much appreciated.

Brilliant app and well done for producing despite TomTom not releasing as SDK kit for it

regards

Hello,

One directory was missing in the tripmaster_v2.0.zip files. If you had installed a previous version of Tripmaster on your Tomtom, it works. If it's the first time you install Tripmaster, it doesn't work because the fonts files are missing.

Download tripmaster_v2.0.zip file again and re-install it, it should fix your problem.

Thanks! That did it, now the TripMaster screen appears! Very nice application. It seems to be working fine on my TomTom 930. I haven't gone for a drive with it yet, but walked around the house and got a reading of 4 MPH, so that's good enough to let me know that it is working and recording the correct GPS signal.

And, I now have an altitude readout! I was at 66 feet, then walked up the stairs outside to the next floor up, then it showed 78 feet.

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm trying to get Tripmaster to Tomtom ONEXL but i cant...

I downloaded latest release and extracted it to directly tomtom root.
I remove hardware, reboot... but I cant find tripmaster icon anywhere :(

software 8.010 (9369/080529) OS:190943
Boot:5.3026

Help please!

Hello!
I downloaded latest release and extracted it to directly tomtom root.
I remove hardware, reboot... but I cant find tripmaster icon anywhere :(!
Have you copied on the root of your Tomtom all three directories of the ZIP file, keeping the directory structure ?
Have you got a /sdkregistry directory on your Tomtom root ?
If so, is there a file name tripmaster.cap ?
Have you got a personalized menu, with a /sdkregistry/tomtom.mnu file ?

Using Tripmaster for Off road travel

Well, I donwloaded the latest Tripmaster (v2), installed it on my TT One 3rd Ed. Seems to work fine.

So, other than having a working compass and (finally) a large, easy to see digital speedometer, how do I use it to navigate from point to point?

What I'd like to do is take it camping and use on trails and lakes, be able to set a waypoint, and get there from whereever I'm at. Is that even possible with Tripmaster?

This is my first experience with a GPS receiver, so forgive me if some of these questions seem stupid.

Tripmaster isn't a navigator or navigation software. It simply displays those information and be able to track where you go if you turn it on

Tripmaster v2.1 is available

Hello,

Tripmaster v2.1 is available here for download :
Le Web Bazar !!! Tripmaster !!!

This version fixes :
- the slow reaction to touchscreen use
- the turned screen on GOx00

It also contains two setup screens, where you'll be able to manage the more usual parameters of Tripmaster

Enjoy it !

TomTom's cannot be used as off-road navigators, even with tripmaster. For trail work, consider a handheld, which generally can do double-duty on lakes and rivers.

Well, I donwloaded the latest Tripmaster (v2), installed it on my TT One 3rd Ed. Seems to work fine.

So, other than having a working compass and (finally) a large, easy to see digital speedometer, how do I use it to navigate from point to point?

What I'd like to do is take it camping and use on trails and lakes, be able to set a waypoint, and get there from whereever I'm at. Is that even possible with Tripmaster?

This is my first experience with a GPS receiver, so forgive me if some of these questions seem stupid.

I think you may want to consider using another program for off-road navigation using your TomTom. I personally have been successful with Offroad Navigator ( Le Web Bazar !!! Offroad Navigator !!!) This program will navigate me through local biking paths in state parks. I've also set it up to work in an airplane going cross country. To accomplish this, I need to do some route planning by following this procedure:

1. On Google Earth zoom in to get exact coordinate(s) and write them down. Coordinates would be for the points on your trail you wish to aim for.
2. Open up TomTom (easiest to do this with Home pgm) and add these coordinates as FAVORITE places.
3. On TomTom, create a new itinerary using these Favorites as Waypoints.
4. Save the itinerary both on the Destop (for backup) and on the TomTom.
5. On the TomTom, run Offroad Navigator, open the Favorites and the compass should point to that Favorite.
It works for me! I plan ahead of time, a reverse course if I want it to take me back to the starting point.

I would like to try Offroad Navigator, but my TT is V8.010, and the two don't go together unfortunately.

How could I use your approach with Tripmaster?

Ask a Question