TripMaster V2.2 is ready

It seems to only crash and restart if I am navigating a route at the same time tripmaster is running in the background.

Then something must be wrong with your installation. I have run it each day for weeks without any problems. What is your device and software version?

I'm using a Tomtom Go 920, Version 8.302, Map v 810.1907.

I'll try uninstalling it and then a re-install . See what happens.

Hello,

As I mentioned it in another thread, Tripmaster v2.2 has got 2 memory leaks bugs that produce a Tomtom reboot. To avoid the 1st one, remove the customized backgrounds and to avoid the 2nd one minimize the number of time you put Tripmaster in background.

I will issue a v2.3 which fixes these bugs, it's currently under tests and everything goes fine.

TripMaster V2.2 is now ready for download. Customized backgrounds are now working again!

Works great, as you can see:

tomtom-737.jpg

Pilot cockpit, eh :)
Looks great, m8

Thanks. I wish it was the cockpit. It was just a window seat on a commercial airline. Southwest, going from OAK to LAX.

Anyone else tried their TomTom from an airplane? TripMaster works great. Two suggestions:

1) The "nautical" setting in TripMaster should keep altitude in feet, not meters. Aviation uses feet for altitude, in units of 100 feet ("flight level").

2) I wonder if it would be possible to estimate the Mach number, given altitude and speed? Assume the plane is flying level, so airspeed roughly equals ground speed from the GPS. There's no barometer on the TomTom, so assume average air pressure for the altitude. I estimate the jet I was on (571 mph) was roughly Mach 0.85, which seems about right.

Ask a Question