Tripmaster download?

I've got a TomTom One V3 apparentally from what I've read, and have been reading about all the interesting things you can do to different units. I have been scouring the internet for Tripmaster V1.8a since this seems to be the only one that works with my unit (please correct me if I'm wrong), but can't seem to find it available for download anywhere. I found a french website that everyone references (seems like the developer of Tripmaster), but the links for the older versions don't work. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Matt

I've got a TomTom One V3 apparentally from what I've read, and have been reading about all the interesting things you can do to different units. I have been scouring the internet for Tripmaster V1.8a since this seems to be the only one that works with my unit (please correct me if I'm wrong), but can't seem to find it available for download anywhere. I found a french website that everyone references (seems like the developer of Tripmaster), but the links for the older versions don't work. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Matt

This one should work for you.

Last edited:
I've got a TomTom One V3 apparentally...

If you are unsure if it is a One V3, you can enter your device serial number here to determine what model it is.

Next check to see what version of the software you are running on your device (instructions if needed are here)

I have been scouring the internet for Tripmaster V1.8a since this seems to be the only one that works with my unit (please correct me if I'm wrong), but can't seem to find it available for download anywhere. I found a french website that everyone references (seems like the developer of Tripmaster), but the links for the older versions don't work. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Matt

Lastly look for the Tripmaster version compatibility for your device and software version here.

The developer of Tripmaster (roussillat) is active on these forums and may even chime in here too if you do need 1.8a but it looks to me like the latest version of Tripmaster can run on any TomTom so you probably just want 3.0.

I'm new to this myself, and the most important bit I've learned is to first make sure you have a good Explorer backup (or two even :p) and only then tweak your device.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your replies. I checked my serial number and it said that I have a One (30) series 1GB, I'm running App 8.014, and Map 'United_States' v830.2323. I didn't think that 3.0 worked with my unit, that's a relief as I liked the looks of it. I looked up on the website you listed, but didn't see anything that I made out to be my unit, although I'm probably looking right at it and not reading it correctly or understanding it. Also, what is an explorer backup?

Last edited:
Your map version won't make a difference to Tripmaster though TomTom HOME might offer you a newer application version. App 8.014 can run Tripmaster 2.x or 3.x. On that page with the chart I referenced the second to last column has you covered-- "Tous Tomtom en v8" = "All TomTom v8'"; see that Tripmaster v2/v3 -> is OK. If HOME does offer you an application update just see what version it is too. If you get v8.350 or newer you then also need the hook program.

added to GO 720 Google format?

Instructions at site were good . I did initially try to add to the SD card , This did not work! So moved all files using W-Explorer & working fine . Does anyone know how or what the Google map format will do or allow?

Instructions at site were good . I did initially try to add to the SD card , This did not work! So moved all files using W-Explorer & working fine . Does anyone know how or what the Google map format will do or allow?
If you save your track as a KML file, it can be easily plotted in Google Earth by importing it directly when you're running GE.

I had this issue and I tracked it down to lack of hard drive space on the computer not the SD card. The download goes to your computer before it is installed to the device. Hope this helps.

No menu

I am sure I do something wrong but I cannot figure out wha:mad:t. Can someone help me. I downloaded the files and unzipped it in the TT root.:D
The menu for the tripmaster does not appear. What do I do wrong?:rolleyes:
My TT has application 8,016 and is a One XL II.~

Ask a Question