Traffic Updates disconnect voice calls

I'm currently using my go920 with TomTom Plus Traffic over my phones data connection (using Sprint Mogul ppc-6800). All seems to work good but I just started noticing that when I'm on a voice call over the bluetooth (on GPS) it disconnects my call every few minutes. Seems to just disconnect my call during the time the traffic would update (every five min). I could set my updates longer in between but before I do that I want to know if this is true or just some dropped call coincidence.

I spoke to TT support about this same issue. They scratched their heads and said "I dunno"

I did have an option when I set up traffic or data (don't remember exactly where the option was) that asked "can your phone make/receive data calls while in a dialup session?" I left it with the default (which is yes) and I think this is to address exactly what you are describing. I returned that unit since it had the mysterious power-on bug and the new unit never gave me the option. This ruins the traffic feature for me :(

Is there EVDO(Power Vision) coverage in the area you are in? The only way on sprint that you can be on the phone and use data at the same time, is with EVDO, if you are in a 1xrtt(Vision), you can not have simultaneous voice and data.

Yes I'm in a EVDO area most of the time were this happens. Although sometimes I notice when I go to place a voice call it goes to 1X only to come back to EVDO after I'm done. Very odd.

With Sprint, there's a hidden setting for most phones that lets you get EVDO data at lower speed while on a voice call, and lets voice calls break through while you're in a data session. Perhaps your ppc-6800 is set to favor data over voice?

Ask a Question