Traffic updates failing on I-75 in Atlanta

After 3 weeks of frustration, one of the Tom Tom customer care reps just confirmed that Tom Tom's traffic provider isn't reporting data for I-75 Northbound from downtown Atlanta up to I-575.

She reported the failure to their provider and hopefully they get the traffic updates working.

I hope this saves some fellow Atlantan's some time. I called into tech support 4 times and she (Kerri) helped us isolate the issue.

The rest of metro Atlanta is reporting traffic just fine, just not this segment of I-75. This can be confirmed by Tom Tom support staff by having the customer service rep view the traffic incidents in our city ("Browse Map" view for us users). It's been almost 3 weeks and my 45 minute commute has taken 1.5 hours, while my device was showing "No Delays on Route".

This has been VERY frustrating, but I'm glad Tom Tom got to the bottom of it. I hope their traffic feed provider makes this a priority, considering that there are about 6 MILLION people in the Atlanta area.

Thank you Carrie/Kari/Karri.

This is still not updating! This is unacceptable Tom-Tom!

It's been weeks, now and there are NO updates for I-75 Northbound and I-575 Northbound in Atlanta!

We have 4.7 million people in Atlanta, I can't be the only person who needs these traffic updates.

If you're in Atlanta, please post something here so Tom-Tom knows there is a major problem here!

I assume you have the antenna traffic, and not the LIVE traffic.

The antenna traffic is licensed from ClearChannel, and is completely out of Tomtom's control. Contact the people at this site to report the error.

If it is LIVE traffic (eg: 340LIVE, 740LIVE, or iPhone app), call up Tomtom phone support and chose LIVE services on the opening menu.

I'm using the iPhone 4 App. and I was told by customer service that traffic updates were coming from HDTraffic. They were able to confirm that they weren't seeing these updates.

I'll try contacting Live traffic to see if they can help.

Ask a Question