TomTomOne 3rd Edition & Google Maps

Can put a Google Map in my 3rd Edition? I know how to convert the file and put it on my pc but I can't seem to be able to put it in my 3rd Edition and use it. If it is possible please leave step by step instructions. The instructions on Hough.org did not work for me.

Thanks

The instructions at the Web site are a bit confusing. And I've noticed that sometimes the resulting file has some garbage after the final line, which TomTom doesn't appear to appreciate.

There's quite a thread on the subject at https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4801. It contains a summarized set of directions and otherrelated info. I think it will probably answer your questions.

Can put a Google Map in my 3rd Edition? I know how to convert the file and put it on my pc but I can't seem to be able to put it in my 3rd Edition and use it. If it is possible please leave step by step instructions. The instructions on Hough.org did not work for me.

Thanks

Isn't this because there is no Itinerary function on the 3rd? It is my understanding the file saved is an "ini" file - for the Itinerary function. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

Isn't this because there is no Itinerary function on the 3rd?

That's right. I don't believe that 3rd Edition owners will be able to use the itineraries generated at the houghi.org site.

That's right. I don't believe that 3rd Edition owners will be able to use the itineraries generated at the houghi.org site.

i have tomtom one le third edition and that site works... just put the itn file in the itn directory

Man, that looks awesome, I'll have to try it out soon.

Besides saving it as itinerary, is there a way to make this particular route the default route from A to B?

i have tomtom one le third edition and that site works... just put the itn file in the itn directory

LE and 3rd edition are two different beasts. LE is generally believed to be an updated version of the V2 TomTom, possessing the same SD slot and current versions of the same software. It was probably constructed from parts or units remaining at the factory when the 3rd edition was introduced. The 3rd edition has no SD slot and other differences.

As for the itinerary capabilities of the 3rd edition, it appears from the info above that these are not the same as those of the V2 or its brother the LE. Since I don't have a 3rd edition TomTom, I'm going to back off from this discussion since I'm not qualified to do more than simply guess at what the differences might be.

It's supposed to be because the TT One 3rd Ed is running Navcore 7 "lite" and other TT's use the full Navcore 7.

No "official" itinerary support on the TT One 3rd Ed. Not without hacking the menu... then itinerary will work fine but custom menus will not have MapShare & Help Me.

It's supposed to be because the TT One 3rd Ed is running Navcore 7 "lite" and other TT's use the full Navcore 7.

No "official" itinerary support on the TT One 3rd Ed. Not without hacking the menu... then itinerary will work fine but custom menus will not have MapShare & Help Me.

that sucks.. why would tomtom take away itn function for 3rd edition?

Ask a Question