Google Maps (.itn) and TomTomOne V3

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 730
It seems there may be a lot of differences between the V3 and other units so I'll ask a question specifically for V3. Can I use google maps to create a route on my TomTomOne V3?

Technically, you can't use the itinerary feature with the One v3. But users were able to do a hack by creating a custom menu. But then, TomTom put out the v8 firmware which removed this possibility.

So, yes, it is possible, but you have to create a custom menu and you must stick with v7 firmware. A search of the forum will show you how to make a custom menu for this purpose.

Technically, you can't use the itinerary feature with the One v3. But users were able to do a hack by creating a custom menu. But then, TomTom put out the v8 firmware which removed this possibility.

So, yes, it is possible, but you have to create a custom menu and you must stick with v7 firmware. A search of the forum will show you how to make a custom menu for this purpose.
I just saw this a minute ago in another Forum. I did not read the short FAQ or investigated about models and NavCor versions.

As 46Jimbo says, you can add trips thru Google maps, Tyre or Houghi.org - BUT, only if you haven't upgraded to v8 firmware. I have a TT-3rd edition and use itinerary planning, but have had to turn down the upgrade to v8 firmware. Other users of TT-3rds that did upgrade to v8 firmware reported that their unit froze when they tapped the itinerary icon. Those who had backups of the older firmware (v7.??) were able to fall back to the older version firmware and restore itinerary function.

Hope this helps.

As you can probably guess, this is my 1st GPS and I'm struggling. Before I go any further, I want to make sure I have the right version of firmware. I just bought the unit two weeks ago and got my free update. I just checked and I think I'm toast; it says version 8.010. Is this correct?

Tap the screen where the satelite bars are. On the next screen, you will see a box with the version number of your firmware.

Thanks for all of your help. I just returned my TomTomOne V3 to walmart with no problems. I'm still interested in purchasing a TomTom but I think I need something with a few more functions.

I'm going to open another thread asking for help on what I should be looking for.

Thanks Again

Ask a Question