TomTomOne XL - Questions

Hello, I'm new here and reading quite a bit. I have some questions related to a TomTomOne XL my buddy gave me.

Story: He was in a wreck on his motorcycle when he had this mounted to it. Since the wreck, the TomTom hasn't worked right. He told me it turns on w/o issue, but there is no visual. He pulled it apart and found that the white clip that held the ribbon cable from the screen to the green board was broken. He seems to think this is the problem, but gave it to me since he already had another.

1. It came w/o any Cd's, Can i get them from the TomTom site?
2. It came w/o any power cables, what voltage does it take?
3. Is this clip something I could get from TomTom, or would I need to send it in for repair?
4. If I send it in for repair, how much would you guess it would cost to get it fixed?
5. Would they fix it even through I'm not the orignal owner?

Any help is greatly apprecited. I have a trip next month that this would come in really handy with. I also enjoy getting lost and finding my way home. I'll be diggin for answers, but all help is appreciated. :)

This sounds like a poisoned gift. There are too many parts missing and what you do have is bust. For the time and bother to get this unit going, you'd be better off buying a new unit. Just my 2 centavos worth.

Ask a Question