TomTom XXL dosent start

TomTom Model(s)
tomtom xxl
Hello guys,

I'm new here and i really need some help.
The story is like this: two days ago i tried to update my XXL, and during the update my computer crash (power break) and since then my gps doesn't work anymore. When I'm opening the gps the tomtom logo appears and doesn't do anything. Unfortunately i didn't do the backup first and now i tried to do a RESET (Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts) without success. After that i tried to do a backup using tomtom home but didn't work so i tried to do a manual backup. I copied everything from the gps hard disk to my computer (i put everything in a new folder without the POI folder because I've got an error) and after that i format my device did an update and tried to restore the map from my computer without success.

Please help me because I'm stuck and i don't have any other ideas.:noidea:

What happened when you tried to restore the map?

When you connect to Home, manage my device, (2nd page)-->Items on computer-->maps, what does it show?

i reset the device again and updated through home...and work....
this is strange because i had tried the same thing more then 10 times...anyway...i'm glad that now works ...

Ask a Question