Tomtom xl help

Hi, having charged up my tomtom xl the screen was full of black & white lines and i could not turn it off...i let it discharge completly then charged it up again and now i can turn it on and off but when i try to put an address in it will find the address but thats as far as it goes all that comes up then is ..... WAITING FOR A VALID GPS SIGNAL.. can anyone help

no i dont have a valid gps signal when i set the route and i have tried it outside and even drove down street..also whe i switch it on it always comes on with the last route before it was charged up

Connect the unit to the computer. Delete all the files in the ephem folder on the unit (Use Explorer). Now, go here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\ephemeris\

and delete any sub-folders you find there.

Connect to Home and you should be offered a new gpsquickfix file. Install and remove the unit from the computer properly using Home's Device Disconnect icon.

See if that's any better.

Ask a Question