Help with Tomtom 130s please

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 130S
I received an email from Tomtom on June 20 to update my 130s. I tried to update today but received message that there was not enough memory on memory card. Then I accidentally deleted everything from my Tomtom device. Can anyone help me get it back please. I am not tech savvy. :oops: Thanks.

It will take nothing sort of a miracle to resolve this without resorting to a beg/grovel call to tech support.

At any time in the past, even back when you originally purchased the unit, have you ever downloaded a full map? It may have been something called "Latest Map Guarantee" to bring you up to date after your purchase?

Look here and hope you find this folder "My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map" and that within that, you find at least one folder that starts with "USA" or "North_America"

Thank you. I am not quite sure where to look. I searched my word documents on my computer and couldn't find anything that said tomtom complete map. Then I searched programs and files in the lower left corner of my desktop for tomtom, and the results are "tomtom programs 2" which are Tomtom home2 and tomtom uninstall. For documents, it shows 598. For files, it shows tomtomhome2winlatest.exe.

I wish I were more tech savvy.:(

If you use Windows7 go to
Local Disk (C:)
Users
your USER name, under which you sign on to start the computer
Documents
TomTom
HOME
Download
complete
map
There, as canderson said, should be a Folder called North_America, USA or something like it.

Please report back what you see there.

Yes, that is it.

This stupid software made a smiley out of a colon, followed by a closing bracket.
See here :)

C-prompt.png

Attachments

• C-prompt.png
    C-prompt.png
    2 KB · Views: 337
I followed the steps Hard Drive C and found.......

USA_Canada_US_Zone 2-12-14 File Folder
USA_Canada_US Zone1 6-1-14 File folder
USA_Canada_US Zone 2 9-1-14 File Folder

Ah - this is good. You have identified some of the zones that you had previously downloaded. Can you tell us WHERE these folders are located? If you have complete map segments on your PC, we can get you up and running again.

It appears that your most recent Zone1 map was from June, and Zone 2 was YESTERDAY!

@canderson,
That would be in the map folder as you originally suggested.
I just added the preliminary steps to get there.
I had suggested for you to take over again when I was called away before looking up as to which Zone includes Illinois.
Apparently, all of them (see here) even though it does no show the numbering.

By the time I got back you had already replied.

I followed the above instructions, and hopefully this will tell you where the information is located on my Desktop. I clicked on Computer, clicked on Hard Drive C, clicked on Users, Clicked Owner, Clicked Documents, Clicked on TomTom File Folder 12-29-2013, Clicked Home, Clicked Download, Clicked Complete, Clicked Map. Then the following information was listed: USA Canada USA Zone 1 - File Folders 9-3-2014, and Zone 2, 9-1-2014.

OK. You must now decide which of the two zones you have that you want to install. We'll take Arno's cue that both include Illinois, and shoot for the most recent one you own (Zone 2 from September 2014).

Look into the folder called "Zone 2" from 9/1/2014 and tell us a little bit about what you see in it before we have you copy content to your unit.

OK. You must now decide which of the two zones you have that you want to install. We'll take Arno's cue that both include Illinois, and shoot for the most recent one you own (Zone 2 from September 2014).

Look into the folder called "Zone 2" from 9/1/2014 and tell us a little bit about what you see in it before we have you copy content to your unit.

Zone 2 - 9/1/2014 contains:
activation.zip 9/1 Compressed
US 1gb.toc 9/1 TOC File
US 1GB.zip 9/1 Compressed Zip Size 930.766KB
USA.gif 9/1 Gif Image

Zone1 9/3/2014 contains:
USA-Canada-US Zone 2-12-14
Activation-Zip 6/1/2014 Compressed Zip
US1GB-TOC 6/1/2014 TOC File
US 1GB.zip 6/1/2014 Compressed Zip Size: 925,353KB
USA.Gif 5-31-2014 GIF Image

Just received the following email from TomTom.....

On the 26th August we released a new version of the . That's the last map you'll receive as part of your Map Update Service.

But come back to Map Update Service today and you’ll save 50% on your next subscription. This exclusive offer is only available via this email.

Clearly, it's the Eastern zone that he needs.

@scrabble
What you have is in the right place on your PC, and HOME should see the downloaded map segment available to you since they've been properly downloaded.

Fire up HOME one more time.
From the main screen of HOME,
Right arrow (More)
Manage my XL

Click on the tab at the top right that says "Install Items from computer"
You should see a row that says "Maps". Click on the + sign to the left of the word Maps
That should show one or more maps on your PC. Please click on "More info..." for any that you find and tell us
1) The name of the map
2) The size of the map
3) The version of the map

I would like to thank all of you so very much for the patience you have shown in helping me...... I am very appreciative.

So did you find something in the "Install items from computer" area?

I haven't been able to get to it yet as I have been tied up with other things, hopefully within the next week. If I have any problems, I will post. Thanks again!:)

(Where would I find "install items from computer area?)

Ask a Question