TomTom Traffic now in Canada??

TomTom Model(s)
So I was driving to work today and heard a TomTom ad on the radio. TomTom was advertising their Traffic service. As far as I know this is NOT available in Canada.
I have checked the official TomTom site and cannot find any reference to it being available in Canada.

I have plugged by 510 into Tom Tom Home v2.0 and it says that I cannot buy Traffic as it's not available in my area.

So what the *&##^@%#!! Has anyone heard this or a similar or does anyone know if this service now works in Canada???

it works but only the RDS-TMC receiver and only updates the traffic info only form 5 am to 7pm MON - FRI. Only in TO, Ottawa and (Montreal with FM transmitter in Vermont, US , you have to get close to border to get signal, useless in montreal island so far). more info at wwe.realtimetraffic.com, ttn is the traffic provider for tomtom.

the bluetooth through your cell shows only road conditions for Canada so far but traffic for US cities. check 720 thread for more info.

sorry my mistake it is www.realtimetraffic.net , website for Total Traffic Network from Clear Channel the traffic provider for Tomtom , Garmin, BMW USA , MIO , and many more.

By the way Tomtom (US or Canada) traffic section of their website also has the coverage maps (map not shown yet for canadian cities) only that it is still the old version of the maps (TTN updated them recently) but it is useful because it still has the call sign for the FM stations broadcasting the TMC events in every city that has service. For that, go to accesories, click on the tmc receiver , and go to description you will see a link to the old TTN maps.

Also if interested MIO website has a pdf file listing all 198 FM stations (as of feb 2007) that broadcast TTN TMC events here in NorthAmerica. Search their FAQ.

Ask a Question