TomTom start ttgo.bif is not generated

Hello, I am new to this forum and i have a problem with my TomTom Start.
I formated the internal storage without making a backup with explorer then i updated the software with TomTom Home( vers. 8.544) and restart. The device restart but it hangs at start-up screen TomTom. The software TomTom Home sees the device but no updates for him. The problem is ttgo.bif because is not generated at start-up because the device is not starting up after update and TomTom Home don't see what to update(TomTom Home sees the serial of my Start but have no updates and no maps for him.
sorry for my English

Last edited:
I formated the internal storage without making a backup with explorer

To be brutal...that's the killer sentence.

Unless you have some form of backup (I assume you don't have one made with Home either?) then there's no point fretting about TTgo.bif etc. as without a backup you are never going to get back to having a functioning unit without having to buy a new map for it.

If it is still under guarantee, send it back to where you bought it, saying it doesn't work. Otherwise ring TomTom customer services and send it back to them for repair/reflashing.

Ask a Question