TomTom START - Roadblocks and keyboard size

Having finally managed to install the latest European 42 maps I'm now delving a bit deeper and have a couple of minor questions.

Firstly, if I set a roadblock ahead and then decide to cancel it, how do I do this? It seems that I have to calculate an alternative route before I am offered the 'Recalculate original' option. Is this correct?

Secondly, what is the point of the keyboard size preference? It doesn't seem to change anything. Perhaps this is only useful on TomTom's with a larger screens.

Firstly, if I set a roadblock ahead and then decide to cancel it, how do I do this? It seems that I have to calculate an alternative route before I am offered the 'Recalculate original' option. Is this correct?

That is correct, it's a limitation of the EasyMenu on the START. One alternative is to go to change route -> plan new route -> recent destination, and then pick your last destination from the top of the list.

Secondly, what is the point of the keyboard size preference? It doesn't seem to change anything. Perhaps this is only useful on TomTom's with a larger screens.

On my 4.3" models, the keyboard does change based on the keyboard size preference. It's quite possible that the 3.5" start ignores this setting.

Ask a Question