Tomtom One Xl - very new tomtom user help

Hi,

I just gor a Tomtom One Xl.
I have computer and software knowlege but I just could not find information on how tomtom gps works.
Can you install different operating platforms on this gps or is it only the Tomtom OS that goes with it?
As I read, tomtom OS is linux.
I would also like to install some extra applications on my tomtom like video player, mp3 and photo viewer.
I was thinking maybe I can install Windows Mobile on it so I have access to many applications this way.

If someone can take a few minutes to help me it eould be great.
Thank you in advance

Any gps has as a main objective getting you from 'here' to there'. It uses the map installed plus its routing algorithm to do so. Most gps units also provide poi's (point of interests) for various categories in its maps.

If you still have firmware installed at the version 7, not 8, level then you can find various 3rd party applications that can be installed on the unit.

Once firmware 8x is installed, the functionality of effectively all 3rd party apps is lost.

Ask a Question