Tomtom ONE XL questions

After three years I finally upgrades my maps.
I noticed I got a download of a simplified map since I have a 1GB internal memory. After the download I unplugged the device and inserted an 2GB SD-card. Then I connected it again and tried to reinstall a completer version.
It doesn't seem to be possible and I can find no system information about the device anywhere in the Tomtom Home computerprogram (mac, 2.7.6.920). TomTom didn't even inform me about which version of the map I actually bought!
I would expect that the software detects 3GB of memory after insertion of the SD-card.

...in the Tomtom Home computerprogram (mac, 2.7.6.920).
Have heard rumors that at least for Europe, TomTom has begun to deal with this issue. Not sure about U.S. yet. However, the improvement just came about with Home version 2.8. Just for grins, try updating your copy of Home on your Mac, make sure your computer can see your SD card, and then we can move your 'new' map to someplace safe where Home can't see it (and assume you're up to date) and try this again. Guess you'll be our guinea pig to see whether or not Home and TomTom will actually supply you a larger map for a device that wasn't originally designed for it. I've got my doubts, but what the heck.

Thanks, actually I am in Europe. Didn't know there was an issue about this. I'd suppose an old device like mine is totally out of development.
My TT Home should be up to date since I have 'search for update at each connection' checked. Nevertheless it wasn't!
I updated to 2.8.0.1019 and now it did download a 11 mb file to the SD-card. The silly thing is that now for instance 'Operate my One XL doesn't work anylonger: "This functionality is not yet (!) supported for your bla bla etc". In the old version it worked al right! The same for free map corrections. Grr, guinea pig indeed...

PS Why don't you like WD40?

<snip>

Well I'm not Canderson, but I'd guess it's because so many use it as a lubricant when it's really only a 'Water Displacement' solvent... which is what the WD stands for. I heard the 40 stands for the 40th attempt to make it work. :D

The story is far too long to tell, but it has to do with a nutcase in another forum from another time who maced a guy with the stuff. Besides - it's a lousy lubricant. Good for busting rusty nuts loose and displacing water, but that's about it.

The silly thing is that now for instance 'Operate my One XL doesn't work anylonger: "This functionality is not yet (!) supported for your bla bla etc". In the old version it worked al right! The same for free map corrections. Grr, guinea pig indeed...

You should be able to get Operate my ONE working. Keep re-updating the application until you're on app 8.010.

Regarding simplified/non-simplified mapping, check this link. I'm not sure if the old ONE XL can be similarly fixed.

Ask a Question