TomTom Go Live 1015 - newbee questions

TomTom Model(s)
GO Live 1015, GO 930
Dear members,

I own GO 930T and recently I have bought GO Live 1015.
The following are my question/issues related to GO Live 1015:

1) Is there a remote control what so ever for GO Live 1015? Remote control (used with 930) is extremely useful; driving to work I often need to check the traffic situation, choose a different route, add a new speed camera etc. All operations were possible with remote control for 930; and the distraction for the driver is also lower than in the case of manually tapping the navi.

2) I did make a lot of customizations of the GO 930, like POIs, colors, images, everything done using TomTom Home 2. Is it possible to achieve similar customization on Live GO 1015? If it is, of course, how? Please share a link to TomTom resources for adding these customizations.

3) With 930 I could access the content of the internal flash memory; nice feature for making the backup or moving some files around... Is it possible to access the internal flash memory on Live 1015, and how (if it is possible)? My interests are not to do any HW tweaking or hacking of TomTom device.

4) With GO930 making backup was easy; the tool in TomTom Home2 was good. Plus, the user can make the backup himself by simply copying all the files.
Is there an equivalent backup in GO Live 1015?

5) I have found a link that should enable me to transfer all my customizations from 930 to 1015. I do hope it will be useful.

With kind regards,
Vlad.

1) Is there a remote control what so ever for GO Live 1015? Sadly, no. That is one of the many things one gives up by moving to a 'new and improved' unit.

2) I did make a lot of customizations of the GO 930, like POIs, colors, images, everything done using TomTom Home 2. Is it possible to achieve similar customization on Live GO 1015? If it is, of course, how? Please share a link to TomTom resources for adding these customizations. You can upload POI files with their bmp icons using MyTomTom, the new application needed to access your 1015. However, what you can upload is a bit more limited. Have you loaded MyTomTom yet? https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/ Your new unit does not use TomTom Home.

3) With 930 I could access the content of the internal flash memory; nice feature for making the backup or moving some files around... Is it possible to access the internal flash memory on Live 1015, and how (if it is possible)? My interests are not to do any HW tweaking or hacking of TomTom device. No. The file structure is now 'locked down', so your access will be limited to the things that MyTomTom (via Add Community Content) is able to access.

4) With GO930 making backup was easy; the tool in TomTom Home2 was good. Plus, the user can make the backup himself by simply copying all the files.
Is there an equivalent backup in GO Live 1015? Per above, no. You can back up your favorites and any other custom content you have added, again, using MyTomTom. However, you should no longer need to worry about backing up either the operating code or the maps. These can both be retrieved from the server if things go badly for any reason.

5) I have found a link that should enable me to transfer all my customizations from 930 to 1015. I do hope it will be useful. Yes, once you find the link (not easy!) it's a useful tool for moving certain of the old content to the new unit. http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14081/?locale=en_GB

Extra to point 2:

As well as POIs and their icons, you can also use MyTomTom to add map colour schemes, start-up and shut-down images, car cursors, warning sounds and voices (not TTS ones though),

To do it you need to have MyTomTom running (and the GO connected), and you then select "Add community content" from the menu you get when you click on the MyTT icon in the systemtray next to the PC clock.

The utility you mentioned in point 5 should also transfer all of those for you.

Ask a Question