TomTom ONE IQ Routes Edition still frozen.

Funny, I bought my XL340S on Monday and it froze on Tuesday. Tech support had me download a "new map" and it never unfroze and I got the same errors you did. I also tried everything to get it working and finally gave up and returned it to Office Depot. I liked the features so much that I bought another one from WalMart.com for $152.00 (yes, can you believe that price?). Anyway, I'm downloading a map update (takes 2hrs) for my replacement XL340S and I pray it does not sieze. The advanced lane change feature is great but I'm so dissapointed that TomTom uses LCD screens. My father-in-law's Garmin is TFT? and has much less problems with direct sunlight.

Things are probable working now because the map in downloadOLD wasn't corrupt.
You should have no problems going forward with upgrades, as the corruption is off your system.

Thank you, dhn and mvl!
One more question. If there wasn't correct map on my computer, how can I get one? There to download it from? I only see offers to buy a map in TOMTOMHome.

Last edited:
Funny, I bought my XL340S on Monday and it froze on Tuesday. Tech support had me download a "new map" and it never unfroze and I got the same errors you did

There was a batch of Tomtom 140s and 340s that were crashing with the app 8.411 upgrade. Tomtom has since released app 8.414, which hopefully no longer has that issue.

Thank you, dhn and mvl!
One more question. If there wasn't correct map on my computer, how can I get one? There to download it from? I only see offers to buy a map in TOMTOMHome.

In the US, current maps can only be downloaded from Tomtom HOME. It costs a lot of money for Tomtom to drive around and update them, so they aren't offered free.

Ask a Question