Tomtom One Dead

I friend of mine has Tomtom One v1 bought from France.
While i was comparing it with a Tomtom Go 300, accidentally i inserted the Go 300's card into the ONE.
Screen colours were fading away to white.
I tried soft reset and hard rest but the tomtom ONE doesn't start anymore, it shows only a blank white screen.
Some guy told me that the bootloader got erased.
ANy ideas how to revive this ONE? It may have warranty but is bought from France and i am located in Romania, Tomtom has no partners here.

Thanks for any advice,

Janos

There is no real reason why inserting the card from the 300 would do anything to the TT1. I am assuming that the card still works in the 300. If both cards boot up in the 300, then we know that the cards are not corrupted.

Is the problem you describe now with both cards when you put them in the TT1? Also, is the unit fully charged?

There is no real reason why inserting the card from the 300 would do anything to the TT1. I am assuming that the card still works in the 300. If both cards boot up in the 300, then we know that the cards are not corrupted.

Is the problem you describe now with both cards when you put them in the TT1? Also, is the unit fully charged?

Yes, the original card works in the Go300.
I haven't tried the ONE's card in the GO300 because i was afraid that same could happen.
Unit is fully charged and i have tried everything even with charger plugged in,
Original card looks OK, in fact i have a backup card and i have tried it in the ONE but the unit is still dead.
Someone said that the ONE may have read older system files from the GO300 card and got corrupted.
I have read many articles about the same problem but no result. The only happy endings were TomTOm changed the unit.

Best regards,

Janos

Hello Janos. Is it possible to connect the ONE to the computer and having it recognize it(files and everything)?

Hello Janos. Is it possible to connect the ONE to the computer and having it recognize it(files and everything)?

No, it doesn't communicate with the computer.
The best result is that i discovered that if i plug in the charger, rest the ONE and keep the reset button depressed, the computer detects it as "Unknown device"

Best regards,

Janos

Thats really weird cause ive put a Rider card in my Go 510 and it booted up but hung at the splash screen and that was it. Put the other one back in and voila :)

I saw something on the tomtom site a while ago that you can do to fix this.

Thats really weird cause ive put a Rider card in my Go 510 and it booted up but hung at the splash screen and that was it. Put the other one back in and voila :)

I saw something on the tomtom site a while ago that you can do to fix this.

Please, if You remember the solution, reply me.
I tried different (older) operating systems (for ONE, of course) but nothing helped.

Best regards,

Janos

TomTom support ignores me, they simply don't reply to may problem.
The unit is covered by 2 year warranty...at least it should be.

Best regards,

Janos

You should really call them as oppose to emailing support. Usually, their email response doesn't answer your question and they still mark it off as being resolved. Talking to a customer support rep should really be helpful as you can explain your situation better to a person.

You should really call them as oppose to emailing support. Usually, their email response doesn't answer your question and they still mark it off as being resolved. Talking to a customer support rep should really be helpful as you can explain your situation better to a person.

Thank You, i will probably do that.
Unfotunately i live in Romania and TomTom doesn't have a representative here. I must call them in Holland or so...
I will try anyway, but i don't have much hope.
I repaired Many GPS and PDA units after software problems ( Blaupunkt Lucca, etc) but TomTom doesn't really give these solutions.

Best regards,

Janos

Ask a Question