Dead TomTom One - Frustrated

Hi, I bought a refurb TomTom One V2 on July 2009. It's been working great until 2 days ago. When I connected the device to the usual lap top (Windows XP, TomTom Home 2.7), there was a sub-window popped up to ask for permission for data collection for improvement. I chose YES. It crashed the lap top. Restarted the lap top. Chose NO. Crashed it again. Unplugged it from the lap top and tried to use it. It would freeze and restart itself. Called the tech support. Received an early version of TomTom home 2.6. No improvement. I was instructed to reformat the TomTom but I got a message that Windows cannot complete the reformat process. That was the end of the tech support. Since I bought a refurb unit and it had expired the warranty period by 10 days, now I own a piece of expensive plastic. Has anyone had the same issue with reformatting? Any inputs or comments are appreciated. Thanks

Do you have a backup of your unit's contents? Hopefully, Explorer, not Home.

Also, does your model have a sd card slot?

Ok, you say you have a backup of the sd card's contents. If not an Explorer backup, then please do one using Explorer, not Home.

Then, use Explorer to delete all the loose files on the sd card but NO folders or their contents.

Put the card in your unit and connect to Home. It should offer an application. Accept it and install.

Disconnect your unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Turn off the unit and turn it back on. Any better?

Ask a Question