TomTom One 3rd ed help

So, long story short, I updated my One....which caused me to no longer have itineraries. So I backed it up manually (copied all files into another folder), and installed an older version I found online. I can't get anything to work....even with copying all of the original files back. All I get is the red X. I think that I might have changed the root folder name when I formatted it? What should it be?

What else can I try?

TIA!

Well a true One 3rd Edition sold in the States did not have Itinerary Planning functionality. I believe at one time there was a 'hack' application that allowed that functionality but newer applications shut that down.

What may have happened is that you did have the 'hack' application, lost the functionality with a newer application update, did not retrieve it with the application you found online (where, by the way?).

Right now, I'd say to backup your current unit's contents using Exlorer, not Home. Then remove the loose files in the root of the unit (those not in any folder).

Then connect to Home and you should be offered an application. Download and install. At least you should get a working unit that way.

Yes, I remember now that my other TomTom has the feature, not my One. But installing an older version of the software should allow me to be able to enable them.

Either way, doing what you suggest leaves me in the same place- it installs, but only gives me the X once it reboots. Again, I think that the root folder name is different than original- does anyone know what it should be named? Any other thoughts?

Many older software versions are smart enough to recognize the One 3rd edition and disable itineraries. So older software probably won't help much (if at all).

The red X means the application can't be seen. The drive could be corrupt.

Try:
1) backup the Tomtom per this link
2) format the Tomtom with quickfomat disabled
3) copy the "usa&canada" folder only from the backup to the Tomtom
4) disconnect and turn on the Tomtom until it has a red X
5) reconnect the Tomtom and run "update my ONE" in HOME repeatedly until nothing new is offerred

See if it starts up now.

Ask a Question