TomTom on an airplane?

I may sound crazy here, and it could be all in my head...BUT when i was trying to use the gps (didn't do a gps fix... stupid me) i was having a ton of trouble getting a signal. I had one on the ground right before we took off, I got it really fast. So I had a window seat and i'm sitting there pressing it up against the window, and it just keeps in searching and searching. I'm also looking like an idiot pressing this thing on the window. So i look down at the shiny metal ipod in my lap that i was watching X2 on, and i think to myself, metal object, could it work as an antennae?

So i then hold the ipod right up to the TT, angling them both varying degrees, and within a few minutes I get a signal. Before this i had tried twice for about 10 minutes each without the ipod, and i got nothing.

So like i said, it's probably coincidence, but in my head it worked... I'm leaving for Boston in 4 days, and this time I will do a GPS fix before hand.

Ask a Question