TomTom not working on IPAD1

I have Tom Tom on my iPhone and it works fine. I have it on my ipad1 and can't get it to work. My ipad1 has wifi/Bluetooth only. I also have the gps on i can use google earth and always identify my position without any issues So when I am in the car I connect the iPad to the iPhone via Bluetooth. This connection works fine because I can surf Internet just fine. I launch Tom Tom and all I get is "poor gps reception". Should I expect tomtom on my IPAD to work?

I am on iOS 5
Tomtom v 1.9
Thanks in advance
(e-mail address removed)

It won't work alone. It needs some assistance. The ipad 3G model will work great but no the wifi model. Someone managed to put the place the tomtom carkit on the iPad 1. Another method is using a jailbreak tweak called btstack GPS that allows your iPad to connect to an external GPS receiver via Bluetooth. These are the methods that will make your tomtom run on your iPad.

I have Tom Tom on my iPhone and it works fine. I have it on my ipad1 and can't get it to work. My ipad1 has wifi/Bluetooth only. I also have the gps on i can use google earth and always identify my position without any issues So when I am in the car I connect the iPad to the iPhone via Bluetooth. This connection works fine because I can surf Internet just fine. I launch Tom Tom and all I get is "poor gps reception". Should I expect tomtom on my IPAD to work?

I am on iOS 5
Tomtom v 1.9
Thanks in advance
(e-mail address removed)

No - you shouldn't expect it to work on a wifi-only iPad.
It doesn't have a GPS chip.
I have a wifi iPad 2 and have done a bit of research and there is definitely NO GPS chip in the non-3G iPads.

Ask a Question