tomtom keeps exiting at each junction

when i am travelling tomtom keeps telling me to exit at each junction then re joining the same motorway

i put it on fastest route ,is there another setting?

i got tt v5 mobile on nokia n72

I had that happen at one intersection (limited access county highway) but then it stopped. I figured it was some update that fixed it. Did you notice if it was only happening on off/on ramps that seem to "cut the corner" so to speak - that is the main road curved to the right and the off/on ramp was a shorter distance?
That's what I was facing, but again, it doesn't do that anymore at that spot.

Good luck,
Chuck

I have seen that occur frequently if planning preferences are set to shortest, but never when it was set to fastest (on a 910 ).

Maybe if you had just set the fastest preference on the Nokia it did not take. If you shut it down and start it up again - see if that makes any difference. If not, might be a bug in the mobile application software.

I had that happen at one intersection (limited access county highway) but then it stopped. I figured it was some update that fixed it. Did you notice if it was only happening on off/on ramps that seem to "cut the corner" so to speak - that is the main road curved to the right and the off/on ramp was a shorter distance?
That's what I was facing, but again, it doesn't do that anymore at that spot.

Good luck,
Chuck

no i dont understand ramps that seem to cut the corner as the motorway wwas just straight on .. didnt think it bended around back on itself tho.

so seems i need to buy tt mobile v6 ?

I have seen that occur frequently if planning preferences are set to shortest, but never when it was set to fastest (on a 910 ).

Maybe if you had just set the fastest preference on the Nokia it did not take. If you shut it down and start it up again - see if that makes any difference. If not, might be a bug in the mobile application software.

yes ive restarted my phone , always drove past same spot 3 times and it always kind of asked me to turn off at slip road then back on the same via the slip road.

yes ive restarted my phone , always drove past same spot 3 times and it always kind of asked me to turn off at slip road then back on the same via the slip road.

The only thing I can think of is that the "slip road" has been classified as being a faster road (higher speed limit) than the road of the main route. That would make the program calc that as a faster route.

Map error?

the problem is because slip road is next to motorway , tomtom actually thinks ive gone off the motorway and doesnt realise i am still on the motor way lol

another possible cause (although probably not in your case) is they there is a break in the road on the map (gap)

the GPS views it as not possible to go through the area with out leaving the road so it routes you around it.

Before my wife claimed my Mio (Teleatlas maps as well) there was one overpass it would always tell me to exit and get back on right away. Zoomed in on that area and you saw a small gap.

Ask a Question