TomTom Go730 keeps crashing after 9.400 update?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go730
Hi all,

Just plugged my TomTom in and it did an update to 9.400. Now when-ever i select one of my favorites or a point on the map when browsing it goes non responsive and then restarts?
Anyone else has/had this issue?

Thanks!

Not specific to 9.400, but try hooking up to Home and planning a trip with the "Operate my GO" emulator. Once it has established a route for that trip, back on out and properly disconnect your unit. See if behaves normally now.

Not specific to 9.400, but try hooking up to Home and planning a trip with the "Operate my GO" emulator. Once it has established a route for that trip, back on out and properly disconnect your unit. See if behaves normally now.

Thank you for the reply. I have tried this but it doesnt make any difference :confused:

One thing we should have suggested first: gently stuff the end of a paperclip into the reset hole in the bottom of your unit. Any change?

OK. Next step. Let's see if we have an issue with one particular file.

Save the following files to a safe spot on your PC and delete them from your unit, then fire it up again and see if this has improved anything:

From your maps folder: MapSettings.cfg and MapUserPatch.dat
From the root of the device: UserPatch.dat

If nothing improves, just copy them back to their correct respective locations and we'll try another tool.

I have a go740 and updated to the new 9.4 app.....after the update i had constant reboots when ever i turned my gps on and tried to configure a route. I was really frustrated to think that an update would cause all these problems and thought I would try one more thing. I hooked up the gps to my computer and then did a complete backup via windows explorer....i then went back and totally reformatted my sd card.....(not the quick format).....then copied the backup back to the memory card....since then I haven't had any more reboots......did this about 3 or 4 days ago so keeping my fingers crossed that this might have taken care of that problem......just thought i would throw this info into the conversation to see if it might help someone else....

One thing we should have suggested first: gently stuff the end of a paperclip into the reset hole in the bottom of your unit. Any change?

Save the following files to a safe spot on your PC and delete them from your unit, then fire it up again and see if this has improved anything:

If nothing improves, just copy them back to their correct respective locations and we'll try another tool.

Thanks for all the help. Have tried that but unfortunately it still does it so have put the files back in again. Might just copy everything off, format then put it back on.
Is it literally I just copy everything from the TomTom into a folder then format the memory card and paste it back in?

Thanks!

That is correct. Make an Explorer backup of your unit's contents. Format the device, don't use quickformat. Restore the backup to the device.

Thank you for the reply again. Have just done that, formatted the device, copied it back on and then tried again but I still have the same issue. I can drag the map around when on Browse map, but as soon as i select anything it stops.

Um... to reiterate a post that might have been missed earlier ...

--------------------

Save
the following files to a safe spot on your PC and delete them from your unit, then fire it up again and see if this has improved anything:

Um... to reiterate a post that might have been missed earlier ...

--------------------

Save
the following files to a safe spot on your PC and delete them from your unit, then fire it up again and see if this has improved anything:

Hi there,
I did that, as you said copied the files off my tom tom then deleted it from my actual tom tom and booted it up. It reset the map as if it never had GPS signal and I had no favorites etc on there but the issue still happened. So after it restarted I connected it back up to the PC and copied the files back on again seeing as it didn't make a difference.

Thanks.

Another idea to try:

1) backup device (or if you already have a backup you can skip this)
2) format device
3) unplug device so that it starts up and has a red x
4) plug device into computer and let Home2 keep updating software, map, etc

Another idea to try:

1) backup device (or if you already have a backup you can skip this)
2) format device
3) unplug device so that it starts up and has a red x
4) plug device into computer and let Home2 keep updating software, map, etc

Hi There,
Thank you I have tried this but am getting another error now;

TomTom.jpg

This is the error code or more info on it:

ERROR: 573/#https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice: Error from server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
Error code: 573
Debug info from server: InvalidModelOrNavcoreException %3A The combination of model and navcore version provided is not supported
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice
Additional information: info = [object]
info.func = [string] account/setDevice
info.args = [object]
info.args.deviceCode = [string] AK7AJ3D8NS
info.args.deviceSerial = [string] J42208I000VL
info.args.deviceModel = [string] go730_2048
info.args.deviceNavcoreVersion = [string] 9.400
info.args.deviceParameters = [string] {"ApplicationVersion":"851694.1","ApplicationVersionVersionNumber":"9400","VehicleBrand":"","VehicleModel":""}

info.method = [string] POST
info.useCache = [string] false
info.dryRun = [string] false
info.xmluploadbody = [object] empty

Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:468
xmluploadbody: this.xmluploadbody
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:430
this._doneCallbacks();
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:277
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:00:31 GMT

Any Ideas at all please?

Another idea to try:
Hi There,
Thank you I have tried this but am getting another error now;

Everyone with an X20/x30 gets that error on 9.400. If you ignore it, the device seems to work fine.

Does HOME offer to install your map? If so, install it and you should be fine.

Check both "Update my GO", and the "items on my computer" tab of "Manage my GO". Hopefully one of those gives you a map.

Sorry - did not see mvl's post before I started this one - I suffer from "Read Page 2 Syndrome" somtmes. So be sure to follow his procedure first and let us know how it went for you.
IF AND ONLY IF 9.400 REFUSES TO FUNCTION ON YOUR UNIT AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF MVL'S STEPS ABOVE, YOU MAY WANT TO PUNT BACK TO 8.351.

Download this file
http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/8.351.go530-go730-go930.CAB-navcore-GO.cab

I assume first that you have the backup from before on your PC.

Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Extract the contents of the *.cab file you downloaded (it's like a zip file) to the root of your 730 using WinRAR, allowing overwriting of any existing files as necessary.

That should put you back to 8.351.

Ask a Question