Tomtom go730 battery replacement?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 300, GO 730 GO 630 GO 900
Has anyone ever replaced the battery in their go730? Mine lasts about 2 minutes when not plugged up. Works great just no battery life at all.:rant:

Has anyone ever replaced the battery in their go730? Mine lasts about 2 minutes when not plugged up. Works great just no battery life at all.:rant:

I have, with a kit from one of the online battery replacement places. NuPower or something like that. Came with the battery, a driver and a prying tool to open the case. They have a video online to show you how it's done. It wasn't hard and the whole thing went without a hitch in just a few minutes. The most harrowing part of the whole affair is prying off the old battery. That little booger is stuck on there good.

Battery life is better than ever now, and I keep the new battery healthy by periodically unplugging the unit to run it on internal power until it's about half charged. This keeps the battery exercised and in condition to accept a charge and be discharged.

Do it; you won't regret it.

Ask a Question