tomtom go730 screen not responding

TomTom Model(s)
Go 730
Hi,
The touch screen on my tomtom is not responding. Just flicks from one screen to another of it own volition. Fully charged. Tried to set to factory default but that either did not work or it did not reset.
Anyone got any ideas? This unit is only just over a year old and has not been used mush at all.
Cheerss,
Bill

Try resetting the unit (dedicated reset hole on bottom of unit).

Also, try cleaning around the bezel with the sharp edge of a business card. Go slowly around the entire perimeter of the screen.

Try resetting the unit (dedicated reset hole on bottom of unit).

Also, try cleaning around the bezel with the sharp edge of a business card. Go slowly around the entire perimeter of the screen.

Hi dhn,

Thank you for your advice. I tried cleaning around the screen with a credit card only to find the bezel around the screen has an indentation in one side. I reckon that is what is causing my problem. It looks like it has got hot at some time and laid against something although I can't think what or when. It has its own case and is never laid on its face. I think I will need to straighten the bezel some how.
thamks again,
Bill

The bezel pops off fairly readily. You'll need to take a dull knife similar and gently work it between the bezel and the case at the bottom, and from there, pry out the bottom of the bezel and remove the bezel.

You may be able to take some fine sandpaper or emery cloth and reduce the material where it's trying to contact the screen.

Ask a Question