TomTom Home Ver. 2.2 is out today

For me I can see the map updates but I can an error when it is trying to download and install.

Its some stange happenings going on. I just got my third update for the day.

tt66666666666.jpg

Its some stange happenings going on. I just got my third update for the day.

tt66666666666.jpg

Were they the same update? I have noticed that if I get an update and load it and then go look for updates again it will find the same update. I have to restart my machine for it to stop, or just ignore it. It will stop if a new update comes along.

Mine is finally allowing me to download them too now. Something strange though, It is telling me I need to download the v710 maps, but I am running that map now. Every time I go to update, it shows me this and I need to uncheck it or it will take forever and a day to download it. Hmmm....

Were they the same update?

I'm figuring if the number are going up.... then each would reprersent a singular fix.

I'm all befuddled with this Map Share thing. Who knows what exactly wer'e getting? Guess over time, we'll all find out just how valuable -or- invaluable this whole concept really is.

On the Mac version the "Operate My Go" doesn't work for my 720. I e-mailed TT about it and received the following response:

Dear baggss,

Thank you for contacting TomTom. We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us in regard to issues you are having with the TomTom Home program. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service, and we are happy to help!

Upon reading your email, we do understand your issue and apologize for any frustration this has caused. This feature is currently under development. As such, it is not yet accessible. Please rest assured that TomTom is doing everything possible to complete this quickly and efficiently. We appreciate your patience while we continue to improve your customer experience.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,
Robert
and
The TomTom Customer Support Team

So if it doesn't work, why make it available? Just make it so you can't click the option or bring up a dialog box that says it doesn't work yet.

on the Mac version....

Versiontracker.com for Mac OSX, one of my daily must-visits, reported the new Mac version of TT Home, along with some early user reactions: Mostly negative. I tried it this morning. That there's a new interface gave me some hope. But the first couple of minutes aren't encouraging.

It offered to do downloads, and offered some POIs -- and safety cameras, which I don't install. I let it go ahead and it stopped with "Error. An error has occurred: too long."

It offered to report the error to TomTom" "Report to TomTom anonymous."

I said OK and it responded, "Thank you for reporting the error to TomTom. TomTom cannot respond to the report as it was sent anonymously. Report incident ID: 1831188." At least, I suppose that means the error message got there.

TTHome's menu shows a button to let you control the TT from your screen. It won't in the Mac version. That feature remains disabled.

The new TTHome now looks a lot like the TomTom UI, with the menu spread out across consecutive pages. That's useful when you're trying to control the small device in a car, but it's needless on a computer.

TomTom's Mac version appears to have been written by programmers with no great love for the platform and certainly no respect for it or its users. Mac users know when a programmer is ignoring the "look and feel" of the platform, as these folks did.

And it still treats North American users somewhat like afterthoughts: Why else would prices for products be offered in Euros?

Between the software and its connection to TomTom Central, wherever that is, it promises a lot but doesn't deliver much. I've got Windows XP on this MacBookPro, and I guess I'll check out that side.

Versiontracker.com for Mac OSX, one of my daily must-visits, reported the new Mac version of TT Home, along with some early user reactions: Mostly negative. I tried it this morning. That there's a new interface gave me some hope. But the first couple of minutes aren't encouraging.

It offered to do downloads, and offered some POIs -- and safety cameras, which I don't install. I let it go ahead and it stopped with "Error. An error has occurred: too long."

It offered to report the error to TomTom" "Report to TomTom anonymous."

I said OK and it responded, "Thank you for reporting the error to TomTom. TomTom cannot respond to the report as it was sent anonymously. Report incident ID: 1831188." At least, I suppose that means the error message got there.

TTHome's menu shows a button to let you control the TT from your screen. It won't in the Mac version. That feature remains disabled.

The new TTHome now looks a lot like the TomTom UI, with the menu spread out across consecutive pages. That's useful when you're trying to control the small device in a car, but it's needless on a computer.

TomTom's Mac version appears to have been written by programmers with no great love for the platform and certainly no respect for it or its users. Mac users know when a programmer is ignoring the "look and feel" of the platform, as these folks did.

And it still treats North American users somewhat like afterthoughts: Why else would prices for products be offered in Euros?

Between the software and its connection to TomTom Central, wherever that is, it promises a lot but doesn't deliver much. I've got Windows XP on this MacBookPro, and I guess I'll check out that side.

The Mac version is almost a mirror of the Windows version, just with a poorer implementation. I agree with everything you said above, and I sort of wondered about the Euro's thing too. How hard would it be to have pricing in USD for the US Market, not very I suspect.

The only good thing is that at least I was able to get my free map update with this software and the Map Share function seems to work better. As for the overall layout, it's step backwards from TTH V1.X and they surely don't give a rats ass about the look and feel at all, even on the Windows side.

We do I go for the new, updated version? Anyone have the link or specific directions?

In TTH prefs, make sure the box for "Check for updates when TTH is open" is checked, then restart TTH. It should then tell you a new version is available and ask if you want to upgrade.

2-2-08 and TThome 2.2 was not offered to me for download. I have connected twice to TT home once today and once yesterday and no updates offered to home :confused:

Ask a Question